Chapter Thirty Seven - Secrets (Pt. 1)

Sorry 'bout this late update, I've had a major writer's block.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Al's POV:
Why do I have this feeling that she's not telling me everything? She didn't even flinch when she threw that knife at Eric. I swear I'm gonna get it out of her. As soon as possible.

Eric's POV:
I shouldn't do this anymore. I shouldn't go to war against her. I have to though, if I don't, then Divergents will destroy the city. If I want people to live in peace after this then this war must be won.

I looked up and saw Rebel pointing a knife straight at me.

Rebel's POV:
Holy shit. I just threw a knife at Eric.

That was his first warning... I guess.

Al shot me a strange look when I smiled sadly at Eric before we left to catch the train. I don't have much time until he finds out what I am.

"Divergent rebels, STOP THEM!" A familiar voice rose behind us and we took off running. I would know that voice anywhere. Jeanine.

The train honked loudly as we ran. Then I felt a sharp pain in my arm. Al had just jumped on when I cried out.

"Rebel! Hold on!" He prepared to jump back off. He never got a chance to though because I flung out my hand and the door snapped shut.

My attackers were frozen in shock and I knew I had little time to do anything, so I brought my foot down hard, causing a mini earthquake around me in a 1 mile radius to shake. Jeanine and her people had collapsed.

I turned back around to where the train was quickly disappearing and jumped on, it was passing quickly.

Holy shit. I landed in a car full of previously brainwashed Dauntless. I noticed a couple of Candor too.

"Holy hell." I muttered. They were all staring at me in surprise. "Where are ya'll going?"

"Candor headquarters." A Candor replied. She resembled Al...

"You're Al's mother." That wasn't a question.

"Do you know where he is?!" She looked hopeful.

"Who's side are you on?" I scrutinized her carefully.

"Jeanine's." Wow. She really believed telling me this would help her.

"Then that's classified information."

"But he's my son!"

"Useless he personally wants to meet you, I can't tell you."

"WHAT!?" Christina barked.

"Does anyone have water?" I was completely ignoring her.

"Here." A dauntless born tossed me a water bottle.

I opened it and poured some into my palm. The car was completely silent as they watched me work.