Sawamura Eijun I

Going for a run is a great way to start your morning. It was something you do daily. You get up early in the morning, change, stretch, run, and work up an appetite for breakfast. Though a certain pitcher has taken over the baseball field in the morning, bringing his fellow first years as well. It use to be just you, and you would leave before the baseball team would get there but not anymore. Since this occurred, you started to run around the the dorm instead.

Today was different, you would run on the baseball field again. Finally reaching the orange-yellow dirt, you saw the baseball player with a tire being dragged behind him as he ran. He hasn't noticed you so you decided to start running.

The scraping of your foot against the dirt made a sort of crunching noise against your ear. You gave yourself a steady pace and then started your timer on your watch. Breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth gave you some peace. 

Your ears soon picked up a trailing pair of feet around your third lap. He is catching up, you thought.  Continuing on with your pace, the southpaw pitcher caught up and matched your pace. No words were exchanged throughout the last two laps.

Getting your water bottle and taking a heavy swig out of it, it cooled down your burning throat. Patting off the sweat from your face and neck, you turned to leave.

"Wait!"

You stopped mid-step but you didn't turn back.

"W-Will you be coming back tomorrow?"

You turned to face the pitcher and gave him a smile.

"I'll come back later tonight to have a run with you, Sawamura-kun."

Facing back forward, you walked away and gave him a small wave.