Prologue-

'Listen here, you little sluts.' Walder Frey boomed with his weaselly voice. He was an old man- in fact he should be dead by now. But he clung to life as a rat clung to filth. In front of where he sat with his incredibly young bride: stood his numerous daughters. Young and old, fat and thin- they were all there. 'The King in the North has agreed to marry one of you... His mother will be here in three hours to choose one of you to be his Queen. Do not mess this up, this may be our one and only shot at becoming royalty... Now off with you all, make yourselves presentable!'

That would be hard for most of these poor women, as a common phrase known all around Westeros was: As Ugly As A Frey. Almost all of them had the rodent like features their father possessed. But a few, who were lucky enough to have had a beautiful mother, had turned out lovely. One of these select few was Ava Frey, her dark brown locks fell down past her waist and her dark eyes glittered in the sun, as they were flecked with the purest of golds. She was kind and generous- two features almost no Frey had in common with her. But she was feisty, so very feisty. She did not understand why men always had to be in charge all of the time. She rebelled against strong male figures or those in high esteem, she really was a handful. Men had asked for her hand a thousand times but she had always said no, much to her father's aggravation.

Most were certain that she would be chosen to be Queen. Handmaidens were sent to her room where she bathed, dried, had her hair done in an elegant yet very Northern half up half down style and dressed in a white dress. It had long sweeping sleeves and a moderate neckline, leaving a bit to the imagination. It was breath taking. Her father had sent it that very afternoon. Even he was sure she would be picked by Lady Catelyn.

Lord Frey had not sent any of his other daughters dresses. He had said it made her look pure and ladylike, just what the Starks wanted in their new Queen.
And she really was the perfect candidate: beautiful, smart, strong, she had bled, young and of course other things.

Some of her sisters resented her. She was just so good at everything. It was infuriating!

She could sing, dance, play the harp, hunt, sew, sword fight, shoot, cook, anything and she was brilliant at it! She was clearly their father's favourite- he could remember her name to start off with.

And soon, it was time for Lady Stark to arrive and all of the Frey daughters were waiting in another room, waiting to be introduced and called in to the 'throne' room.

They could hear greetings through the walls as they chatted in hushed, excited whispers.

It was time.