Chapter 1: The Birthday Party-Seeing Him

Please read this!
Hi my name is Christina and this is my first book that I'm publishing sorry the first chapter is short. I have been working on this since last year in 6th grade for a project and I just continued the story. I want to give a shout out to Dalilah my one friend for motivating me to put this on here. Enjoy reading! BTW I'm not going to add another chapter unless I get 3 likes in comments or votes thanks!

It was a hot August day and my niece Iris was pulling on my jeans pointing at a baby doll saying,¨BeeBee.¨ Hi my name is Zelia, my friends call me Zel or Zeli. It's August 16th, my birthday, and I'm volunteered by my aunt to supervise something I don't even want to go to! I had to lug my niece around and take her to a birthday party for one of her two-year old friends. We were looking to buy this friend a toy and Iris kept pointing at the doll and saying, "BeeBee." I tried to correct her by saying "baby," but it didn't work.

Iris was implying that we get the baby doll so I had to buy it. When we finished that, I checked my cell hoping for a friend to get ahold of me. I had a vision of going to my bff's house to spend the night before I apparently "volunteered" to do this instead.

Most teens my age expect to celebrate their birthday each year, not me I'm not allowed to celebrate my birthday until I'm sixteen and I'm thirteen now. I wish it was illegal to make kids do things that they don't want to do on their birthday. Okay back to the story.

We arrived at the party and Iris went with her friends, I went to a corner without socializing. Luckily I wasn't the only one my age doing so. I saw all these other kids I knew from 6th grade last year. Each of them acknowledged me by nodding. Then, I saw him and "oof," all of a sudden Iris and her friends clamp onto me knocking me over. Everyone was looking at me now. Why did Iris do that? Why me? I wished I was invisible right then and there.

When that was over and I got up everyone was standing much more close to me and some talked to me. I hate talking to people, normally they leave me alone. But he kept just staring at me that is what creeped me out the most.

After all the kids played and ate cake they opened presents. Iris came up to me when her friend was opening up the doll we got her and I was being dragged closer to the group. Iris always did things like this so I was used to it. The little girl was very excited when she opened the present.