Chapter [1] New Girl

Copyright© 2015

[ trailer up above made by @s4r4h05 ]

Ivy POV:

Chapter one:

"Okay. So would anyone like to tell me how World War II started?" My teacher, Mr. Danforth asked as he walked from the board to his desk.

I raised my hand and looked around briefly at my class to see who else knew it and to my surprise, many of my peers wanted to answer the simple question as much as I did. Although I noticed, Skylor's hand wasn't raised, but moreover scrolling through his phone.

"How about you, Skylor?" Mr Danforth called.

He looked up from his phone and gave off an incredibly cold stare. "I don't know. That's probably why my hand wasn't raised."

"I think you do know." The teacher continued, hoping to get a possible answer out of him.

Silence.

"At least try to answer the question, Skylor. Otherwise you can leave the class."

"Fine." He grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. He walked out of the class but not before he pitched his last comment at our teacher. "I don't need this anyways."

Although Skylor and Mr. Danforth argued a lot in class, I could see that there was something he knew about Skylor that made him want to make him a better student. You know, teacher who looks as though they can't stand the delinquent student but ends up looking out for that student the most? Yeah that.

And for the boy who just got kicked out of class, his name is Skylor Cruise and he's a senior. I only have one class with him and it's senior European History. The only reason why i'm even in this class is because I've completed the other history credits at my old high school and European History is the last one I need.

But, like I was saying. I don't know too much about him nor do I want to, but I heard he's no good. He's got his own group of friends, Chase, Jason, and Crawford.

*Bell Rings*

"Hey Ivy, what's up?" Jonah asked as he caught up to me while walking to lunch.

"Waiting for school to end so I can go home and do nothing for the rest of the day." I gave him a knowing look and picked up lunch tray and followed the line through the cafeteria.

He chuckled to himself briefly. "See, this is why you should be happy that you have a friend like me, because without it, your social life would eventually die."

"Perks of being a wallflower." I said as I rolled my eyes playfully, putting a desert bowl onto my tray.

After getting my food, Jonah and I sat at a random lunch table. It wasn't long before Bonnie joined us. This was one thing that I liked about this school than my previous one, the cafeteria; it was huge and not cramped like how most schools' lunchrooms are. "Salutations my fellow peers." Bonnie said.

Jonah and I exchanged looks for a second, then back at Bonnie. "Excuse me, who are you and what have you done with my friend?" Jonah satirically asked.

"It's my word of the day." She shrugged.

Not long after our conversation did they walk in. Do you remember how intense it was when Edward Cullen and his "clique" walked into the lunchroom on Twilight. Yeah it was something like that. I didn't really know who was who except for Skylor since he was in my class. All was fine until he stopped at a particular table.

Ours.

"Get up." Skylor ordered.

"Excuse me?" I furrowed my brows.

He looked directly at me with a blank face, absolutely no sense of subtlety. "You're excused. Now get up."

Okay, so I may have underestimated the rumors and talk about him being a bully, but I didn't think he'd actually act on it, especially with me and my friends out of all people. And the funny thing was, there were a ton of empty tables in the cafeteria, but yet he chose us to try and intimidate us. But I wasn't about to let that happen.

"I'm not getting up." I shook my head.

He looked taken back for a minute, but then he leaned closer to where I was, his head hovering over my shoulder. "I'm gonna tell you this one more time sweetheart." He said in a lower voice. "Move." He whispered in my ear.

I ignored him and averted my attention in front of me, continuing to talk to my friends. "So, how's everyone's day so far?"

Skylor was definitely livid. His friends, however couldn't keep straight faces.

I thought my words would make him leave, but it only made things much worse. "You know what. I won't hit a girl." He abruptly grabbed Jonah. "So I'll just beat your friend instead." He glared at me.

I didn't notice the scene we had made but the entire lunchroom was quiet. Really quiet, I even think the lunch ladies were peeping in on it.

I couldn't let Jonah get involved when this was my fault, so I interfered. "Okay fine." I got up. "Just leave us alone."

One of the guy's nudged Skylor's arm. "I think she gets it now. Let him go."

It took Skylor a few seconds to deliberate if he wanted to hit Jonah or not. "Don't let it happen again." He released Jonah from his grip.

Jonah, Bonnie, and me ended up getting up from the table, leaving our food behind. As we walked through the cafeteria, everyone was still staring and I looked behind me and Skylor and his friends were at the table, laughing and talking. I couldn't go out like that. Mama didn't raise no punk. "I'll be back." I muttered to Bonnie and Jonah.

I walked back towards the table where they were and picked up my desert bowl. All eyes were on me at this point, including Skylor's. I nonchalantly stood next to him and turned the bowl upside down, dumping the now melted frozen yogurt and toppings over his head and smooth leather jacket.

"OOHHH SHIT." Voices echoed throughout the lunchroom.

"A bowl of sweets, from your sweetheart." I gave the fakest smile ever.

Exits Cafeteria

"Oh my gosh, did you see his face? That was epic!" Bonnie gave Jonah a high five as they laughed walking down the corridor with me.

"He looked like he wanted to kill me." I breathed heavily.

"What the hell got into you?" Jonah asked.

"I have no idea. I'm literally shell shocked right now." I replied.

"You do realize you have now made an enemy of Skylor Cruise?" Bonnie explained.

"Don't remind me." I sighed.

«❤️»

[COMMENT/VOTE/LOVE]