Chapter [24] Clay Bishoff

Chapter Twenty-Four:

Do you know the feeling you get when you can't find yourself going to sleep because you're just so anxious for the next day to come. Say you have a field trip or a special occasion to look forward to and you just can't stop thinking about it. Well that's how I was last night.

I sat at my vanity and flat ironed my hair. I glanced at my uniform laid out on my bed through the reflection of my mirror. It was a typical scarlet blazer, hideous plaid skirt and white blouse.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get ready. I gave myself one last look over from my mirror and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"So, Ivy." My mom said as she stirred her tea. "Your birthday is in a few weeks. Have you made any plans?"

My seventeenth birthday is the twenty second of January. I didn't really decide on what I wanted to do just yet.

"Not really. Probably just go out to dinner." I shrugged, taking a bite out of a piece of my toast.

"Well whatever you decide to do let me know okay?" My mom insisted.

"Okay."

Morgan made her way down the stairs and grabbed an apple off the table. "You ready to go?" She asked.

"Yup." I grabbed my things off the table. "Later mom."

"Have a good day girls." My mom waved.

Morgan and me got to school a little earlier than usual because we had to get our schedules from the guidance counselor's office.

"I'm gonna head to my first class, find me at lunch." Morgan gave me a quick wave as she walked down the corridor. I glanced at my schedule and saw "Forensic Science - A41" as my first class. I looked at the nearest classroom door to see if I was close to it and luckily I was literally standing in front of it.

There were some students already in the classroom just standing around talking, so I walked in and sat in the first available desk I could find. I put my backpack behind my chair and placed my notebook on the desk.

I felt like everyone was staring at me. It was so awkward. I thought it was just a weird vibe until I started hearing whispers.

"What does she think she's doing?"

"Is she the new girl?"

"She's hot."

I tried to alleviate the voices and focus on something else but there was nothing to do.

"Hey that's not your seat." A boy walked through the door said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

He walked passed my desk, sitting at the left side of me at which I presumed was his. "We have assigned seats. And that's Clay's." He pointed.

"Oh." I replied.

"It's not really assigned, they just choose to sit there everyday." A girl commented. She was sitting behind me. She had dark brown hair and was super pretty. "I'm Meredith by the way." She introduced.

"Ivy." I smiled.

"Hey, you're in my seat." I heard a deep voice from behind me.