Chapter [32] Double Dates

Chapter Thirty-Two:

Meredith is terrible at being inconspicuous. I ended up bumping into Skylor again later in the day. The convo was somewhat decent during the beginning, but the cat eventually got out of the bag.

"I hear you've moved on." He stuffed both his hands in his pockets. His mouth turned into a thin line.

I furrowed my brows. "How?"

"Chase, um- told me, about the new...dude." He scratched the back of his neck.

I nodded. "Well, yeah. We've been together for a few months now." There was a short silence. It was pretty awkward, but I didn't want to make it seem weird so I asked if he wanted to grab something to eat tonight to catch up. I know it was cheesy but I just couldn't think of anything else to break the silence.

He gave a slight shrug. "Can't. I promised this girl I met at orientation that I'd hang out with her tonight."

"What?" I asked.

He repeated. "What?"

"It's nothing really. I just-" I was cut off by a girl walking towards us.

She was a little shorter than me, tan skin, brunette, brown eyes. She was very pretty. "Hey Skylor." She waved.

"What's up." He nodded.

She didn't acknowledge me at all. "So are we still on for tonight?" She said, twirling her hair with her fingers.

He told her yeah and that was only when she looked at me for the very first time. "Oh my gosh, I didn't see you there. My name is Mia what's yours?" She stuck out her hand and I shook it.

"Ivy." I replied.

Skylor's expression changed all of a sudden. Kinda like how if a light bulb emerged from the top of his head. "I have an idea. Ivy, why don't you and your boyfriend come with me and Mia tonight." He smirked while folding his arms.

"That would be so nice since we're all going to the same school." Mia commented.

Oh hell to the naw naw naw. I will not. I won't. I can't. This is a disaster waiting to happen. The smirk on Skylor's face couldn't have been any more corrupt than it already was. I could sense he was up to no good.

"Oh sorry no, I - I can't." I quickly launched into panic mode.

He carried on with his words to try and persuade me to come with them. "Oh come on, I won't bite. It's just one night." There was a silence and both Skylor and Mia were staring at me waiting for a response. I shook my head.

"Please? Come on." He pleaded.

After a few seconds of standing there, arms folded, rocking back and forth on my heels. I concluded that I'd probably regret it later, but it probably wouldn't be that bad. "Fine." I exhaled.

"Good. See you tonight." He winked.

Later that night, I met up with Skylor and Mia at a restaurant in the upper east side. I asked Clay to come but he told me he had workouts or something, I really don't speak athlete.

When I walked into the restaurant, I immediately saw Skylor and Mia standing near the waiting area. I sluggishly walked over to where they were. It was completely embarrassing showing up alone.