Chapter 4

*Emma's POV *

The memory of yesterday races through my mind. I cant deal with this, it hurts too much. Before I go into the shower I reach into my shorts and grab my handy dandy razor.

"Hello my friend " I whisper.

I can feel my blood start to race, I being to breath heavy. I run my friend on my wrist revealing the familiar red stripe that I've become so dependent on.

Once I feel the numbness I get into the shower, and start to sing.

But you don't know what it's like

to wake up in the middle of the night,

scaring the thought of kissing razors.

This blood evacuation

is telling me to cave in.

Stay away.

My face starts to go cold. I can feel my blood start to drain from my face. What has become of my life.

I sit down in the shower and just softly sing to myself.

Oh ohohoh

oh ohohoh

I hear outside the door.
Is... is that singing? I can feel my face warm up. Has he been there the whole time?

Oh my, oh my, he heard me. Ha...but his voice... it's beautiful.

I get out of the shower without Turing it off because I didn't want him to notice me noticing.
I grab the towel and wrap it around myself and sit next to the door listing to him sing.
After a minute or two I turn off the shower and just sit at the edge of the tub.

His voice slowly fades, golly who is this kid.

I get dressed in the clothes he provided. The clothes barely fit, they are a little snug, but at least i have clothes on.
I walk out side into his room and he is laying on his bed breathing peacfully. I gaze at his face, oh golly he is beautiful.
I study his body, his black is hair spread out on the bed around him. His cheecks are so flushed, he has the most perfect lips.

i run my hand through my hair and bite my lip ,and i can feel my face turn red.

*Conner's POV*

I slowly open my eyes to see Emma standing above me next to my bed. Our eyes widen and we stare for a moment. she turns around to run away, but i gab her arm.

"Emma.." i whisper, "you dont have too be embarassed, or...or afraid of me. i wont hurt you." my hand drops.

She turns around and smiles, "thank you" she says. there was a contentful silence, then her stomach growled and we laughed.

"Hey, why dont i make us something to eat. What would you like." i said smiling.

her face lit up and she said "Pancakes!". My heart stops and i just stare at her beautiful face and blush, is this even real?

*Emma's POV*

Conner takes my hand and leads me down stairs to the kitchen. I watch him make me pancakes. We make jokes and just laugh having so much fun. He makes the best pancakes. I feel so warm inside, and i feel so safe. Something about this kid is so familiar, like ive known him all my life. I-I know we go to school together, but i feel there is more to it than just that.