Chapter 10

Hello my lovelies! I decided to just write this chapter today since I had a small amount of time on my hands. If any of you noticed that the last chapter seemed to be deleted and then reappear, I do apologize for that. I don't know what happened, but it's fixed. Thanks for reading you guys. I hope you all are enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying writing it for you guys. Seeing that you guys are reading motivates me to continue writing. Thank you guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally the end of the day, and my stomach was churning uncontrollably with the butterflies that were flying rapidly about. I took in deep breaths as I closed my locker and made my way to the front of the school where he should be waiting for me. If he even was for that matter. It could've all been a trick; some sick joke that his friends made him do just so he can get some money out of it. And yet, the way he had said those words and the sincerity I had seen in his eyes made me believe him instantly. This kid was literally driving me nuts!

I tightened my grip on my backpack as I stepped outside into the chilly Autumn air. Autumn had to be my favorite season of all. With all the leaves changing and the weather not being too cold nor too hot, the weather was simply perfect.

A smile crept along my lips as I took in a deep breath and relished the moment. Who knows how much time I had before some sort of humiliation was to be casted down on me? I wouldn't be surprised if it was only in a few minutes. Maybe even less.

I peered out at the crowd in front of me, straining my neck slightly to see over the abnormally tall students that attended this school. I was a bit small for my age and I hated it with a passion. Now would've been a perfect time to miraculously grow a foot or two. Then again, I didn't want to be known as the towering giant of the school. I guess I'll settle for my usual nerd status.

I planted my feet solidly on the ground once more, deciding it'd be best to simply walk through the crowd than try to find him from here. I may be on the top step of the school, but it didn't help me whatsoever. Suddenly, his husky voice beside my ear nearly made me jump out of my own skin.

"Looking for me, sweetheart?"

A gasp escaped my lips and I turned around slowly to face him. How in the world had he snuck up on me like that? I'm sure I would've at least heard him due to his large size. His footsteps were fairly audible and I had been able to detect his presence easily whenever he met me in the library. Then again, we were the only ones in there at the time and now we were surrounded by nearly deaf students shouting nonsense at each other. How could they have so much energy when it was only Tuesday?

I nodded, fidgeting with my sweater with my free hand. I looked down at the floor, a hint of red blushing my cheeks as I continued to feel his stare on me. It wasn't intimidating in any way. It was rather comforting and I wanted nothing more than to stare up into the dark depths of his eyes that seemed to be an open book for me to read, which I wouldn't mind reading if you asked me.

"So are you ready?" His voice was low, but loud enough for me to hear clearly over the ruckus that lurked about me. The mere sound of it sent shivers down my spine and all I could do was nod in response. Man I was such a wussy.

He turned around and walked down the front steps, sending me a glance over his shoulder to motion for me to follow behind. I quickly ran towards him, feeling all stares boring onto my back as we made our way to his car. It was nerve wracking, but I still managed to walk without crumbling beneath their heavy gazes. What was wrong with these people? Did they not know that it was rude to stare? Feeling my anger rising inside me, I looked up and sent them all a deathly glare that made them all turn away with frightened expressions. Good. I may be small and a complete nerd, but I was not one to mess with either.