Chapter 11

HELLO MY LOVELIES! I was originally planning on uploading this chapter later on this week but then I'm like, NAH! Why keep you guys waiting right? lol. So here's the next chapter you guys. I hope you enjoy! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marcus? Is it really you?"

I took a step back, staring in disbelief at the large wolf in front of me. It just couldn't be possible for such a thing to happen. No one can be able to turn into a wolf at their own free will, not even in a freaking full moon for crying out loud! This was only heard of in books and movies. This cannot be real; and yet, as I stared at its dark eyes staring intently into my own, I had no choice but to believe it was really him. He simply nodded in response.

I turned away, staring off at the trees as I ran a trembling hand through my dark hair. I could feel its eyes watching me carefully, taking in my every move as if expecting me to run away, screaming frantically into the air as if someone could even hear me from this distance. I had to admit, it wasn't much of a bad idea. Any sane person would've done so in a heartbeat. And yet, here I was, walking around a pile of dead leaves trying hard to grasp the fact that the young man I had somehow fallen for within a week's time was actually a werewolf.

Wait, have I truly fallen for him already?

I stopped abruptly, looking back at him in puzzlement. It wasn't possible for someone to fall in love with another so quickly with barely any conversations passing through each other. There were the regular procedures that needed to be taken care of before one can actually say that they were falling in love with the person that they were with. But I wasn't even with Marcus yet, nor did I believe that I would ever be for that matter. We were both from different worlds (literally), so there was no chance that we could ever be together. The mere thought broke my heart. I wanted nothing more than to be with him, regardless of the fact that he was a werewolf. Oh wait, I almost forgot that he was.

I walked towards the nearest tree and sat against it, taking in a deep breath as I gazed up at him before me. I had to admit, it was kind of strange seeing this wolf as Marcus himself; and yet, since the first day I had laid eyes on it and the first time I ran into him, I had subconsciously assumed that they were both somehow connected. I didn't know exactly how they were, but I guess I had been right all along.

"So..." I paused, trying to come up with something to start a conversation with him. "You're a wolf, huh?" I know, such an idiotic question. But I'm still in shock people! How would you like it if you were to suddenly find out that someone you knew and deeply cared about turned out to be some mystical creature you thought only existed in books?

He nodded once more, rolling his eyes before sitting on his hind legs. I had to admit, I found it kind of amusing that he couldn't respond. Weren't they supposed to communicate telepathically or something? Then again, I'm not a werewolf myself. That's a bummer.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered quietly, much to my surprise. It was a question that had been stirring around in my mind the second I realized who this wolf truly was. Did he not trust me enough to not tell anyone in the school? And that only made me wonder, how many more were there? My head was now spinning with questions that I wanted to speak out loud and have them all be answered. But I don't think I'll be getting any at this point. I guess I'll settle for this one for the time being.

I heard him whimper softly before lying down on the ground, his head resting above his large paws. He reminded me of a lost puppy from the way he was looking at me. I couldn't help but feel sympathy over him. Suddenly, as if hearing his unspoken thoughts, I knew exactly why he hadn't told me.