Tears Fall From The Sky

"Are you sure?" Marcus insisted. Pythia nodded and rolled her eyes, he had been asking her since the end of the day bell rang. This meant that Pythia would have to meet with Leon, or face Leon's wrath.

"Yes Marcus. It's just a little show around, not a showdown." At least she was hoping it wouldn't be, Apollo never mentioned her death. Apollo always said that Oracles all die at their promised time, but that never specified if they would die during the prophecies.

"I just don't like you being with that guy. I mean, did you see the way he kept glaring at me? I have big brother rights! I get to do the glaring and the posturing, not some pea-brain jock," Marcus pouted. It made Pythia smile, her brother loved waving his older sibling status when ever he could.

"Big brother? Please Marcus, only by a couple of minutes," Pythia scoffed, but couldn't help her smile from growing. This age old argument never failed to amuse her.

"Those are the most important minutes of my life Pyth, they are the ones that dictated that I am to be the older brother that does all those cool big brother things," he boasted.

"Cool big brother things?"

"Like being captain of a sports team, getting my drivers license first, doting on my little sister while still getting to tease her mercilessly, and warding off guys. Pyth there is a whole manual to being a big brother." He was bluffing his butt off, but Pythia let him. She always did.

"Well I guess you've done quite well so far, accept for the drivers license, since you still have your learners." Pythia laughed, but it was cut short when a pillow hit her face making her yelp.

"Only a month away, I basically have it." Marcus sniffed.

"Anyway, I have to go or he'll think I left," Pythia said finally and rose from the cot.

"You don't have to," Marcus muttered, the air turned tense. Turning to look at him Pythia noticed how his normally warm honey eyes seemed hard. It made her unsure about deciding not telling him the whole truth.

"I'm not one to leave people waiting. It won't take long, Marc. Just wait for me at home, okay?" Pythia begged. She only turned her back on him once he nodded.

"Six. If you're not home by then I will come looking, so you best be on time," Marcus demanded.

"I'll see you then," Pythia promised.

--------------------------------------------------------

Leon had been waiting just outside of the nurse's room for Pythia, so of course he heard the whole conversation between the siblings.

"Twins then?" he thought when the siblings were taking about Marcus being born first, "Makes sense, with their matching honey hair and eyes, it was almost freaky the way they looked so alike but were different genders."Just as he had thought this Pythia came out of the nurse's room and those wide honey eyes were on him. She gasped silently and jumped back when she saw who was waiting for her.

"I thought you might have forgotten about me, so I decided I would come get you." He said it with a fake innocent smile, but Pythia knew better because what he really meant was that he wasn't going to even give her the option of backing out. His eyes said everything that his body didn't.

"Sorry, I was just- With my brother- Sorry, let's just go," she stammered over her words nervously and started to lead him further from her brother. He was scaring her, that much anyone could tell, she was biting her lip and her hands were shaking slightly. Leon smirked and continued to follow her silently while she would occasionally point places out to him.