Their Pride Part 30

Chapter 29

My body was moving.  I could feel myself being lifted out of the vehicle, but my mind didn’t want to wake yet.  It knew that as soon as I was aware of my surroundings, the pain would come back.  I had to rouse from my sleep; I needed to make sure I was safe.

Lifting my eyes lids, the first thing I noticed was a man’s chest.  I had to admit it was a nice one, but it wasn’t one I was familiar with.  My eyes kept rising until I could finally see his face.  Ah, the King of the Lions.  His hair stuck up in all directions.  The color was a mix between brown and red.  Glancing down, he gave me a timid smile.  I could tell it was genuine by the way his brown eyes held mine.

“Is this the place?” he asked while nodding to a spot in front of him.

My arms wrapped around his neck so I could move without falling.  Soon, my gaze fell on the house I had left.  I didn’t know how long I was gone for, but seeing the house brought tears to my eyes.

Letting out a sigh, I nodded. “This is definitely the spot.”

“Good,” he said with a smile. “I would let you down, but those chains would just get in your way.”

Looking at my arms, I noticed the chains were still very much intact.  The leather jacket the man wore kept him from any harm.  The man who I didn’t know, was the same man I trusted my life with.  Sure, I knew his title, but I didn’t know him as a person.  Rumors were only true to an extent.

“So, Alex, what do I do now?  I don’t think that me walking up to the door and ringing the bell is such a good idea.”

I shook my head at him. “No, definitely not a good idea.  You know how shifters are when you’re carrying one of their injured ones.”

He nodded. “Well then, you decide.  Not to be rude, but I don’t particularly want to stand here holding you all day.”  

“I understand,” I said with a laugh. “What is your name again?”

He made a tsk sound. “You should know these things if you will be Queen.  We must know all of the shifter rulers.  I am Leo.”

“Very cliché.”

“Hey, I didn’t pick the name,” he said while shaking me lightly.

I nodded, but didn’t say anything else.  To be honest, I was tired of standing out here too.  I wanted these chains off of me, and I wanted them off now.

“Zeke, I know you’re out there somewhere!  I’m in the front yard!” I screamed in my mind hoping he would hear me.

A second later, I could feel the air shift and Zeke stood in front of us.  His blue eyes were blazing and his hair was turning white on the edges.

Leo jumped in surprise. “Son of a b-”

“Be careful,” Zeke growled as he took a step closer. “You drop her and no one will save you Leo.”

Leo’s grip tightened following Zeke’s order, but he still let out a growl to let Zeke know he wasn’t afraid.  Zeke tilted his head to the side and stared at Leo.  A silent message seemed to pass between the two as Leo held me out for Zeke to take.

“You are in trouble Ally-Cat,” Zeke said as he pulled me into his arms.

I let out a chuckle and took in a deep breath. “When am I ever not in trouble with you?”

His grip tightened so much it hurt. “Lover boy is coming and he will take you from me, but for now, shut up and let me hold you.  Damn, I thought I lost you.  You’re the only family I have besides my mother.  You cannot do that to me again do you understand?”