dos

this chapter is dedicated to BritishGirl13 because she's awesome and cool.

Four hours and three books later, we finally made it to Apple Valley. The weather looks great from what I can see from the oval shaped airplane window on my left. It was sunny even thought it was just eleven in the morning. In all of my flying experiences, I've always loved to sit by the window seat. It always makes me relax.

"Welcome to Apple Valley our beloved passengers. My crew and I would like to thank you for making this trip easy for us and thank you for choosing Harleton Airlines. We hope you enjoyed this trip. If you're transit passenger, please stay seated. Welcome to Apple Valley once again and we hope you an enjoyable trip"

Everyone around me started unbuckling their seatbelts and some started taking their bags from the room above. Luckily, I didn't get any carry-ons with me; I only had a cross-body bag that was beside me the whole trip. I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood behind the people that were waiting in line for the doors to open.

Just in few minutes, two of the flight attendants stood beside the door and opened it. People started getting out, and the line was getting shorter and shorter. I smiled at the flight attendants and went down the ladder and got into the bus. The bus started to fill up as people got outside the plane and shortly after, it started moving.

After I passed the security, I made my way to the restroom. Standing in front of the mirror, stood a girl with dirty blonde short hair and freckles splattered over her nose and cheeks. A scar, from when I fell from the bed and hit the bedside table was on the left side of my forehead. My lips, which were a little bit chapped from the airplane, were formed into a pout.

Was I ready to see my sister and dad? What will they think of me? Will they like me? Will they like my personality? What if they don't? I haven't seen them in a lot of years. Yes, we skyped before but I haven't seen them in real life for such a long time. My mother didn't let me, and when I asked she just said her famous words, 'Its none of your business'.

A ringing from my cross-body bag took me out of my reverie. 'Emily' was written on the screen. I smiled, then took a long breaths before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hey! I'm right outside, where are you? I can't see you."

"I'm in the restroom, I'll collect my luggage and call you, yeah?"

"Alright! But don't be late, the policeman is giving me the stinky eye because I parked in the handicapped parking."

"Emily! How many times did I tell you not to do that? I'm not getting out until you park in the right spot."

"Alright, alright. See you in a bit?"

"Yeah, love you."

"Love you too, now hurry up."

And with that, our phone call ended. I got out of the restroom with such confidence knowing that someone is here for me. I followed the signs to the luggage claiming area as fast as I can, so I can finally see my sister.

***

I looked around the parking lot not finding Emily's yellow beetle. I called her for the ninth time, and I was directed to her voicemail. As soon as I made myself comfortable on top of my bags two muscular arms wrapped around my waist. I jumped from the sudden contact.

"I've missed you so much, Pooh bear." I turned around, tears falling onto my cheeks quickly as I whispered the words I've been waiting to say in such a long, long time, "Dad?"