tres

A month have passed since I moved to Apple Valley, and I've never been happier. Last week, I got a job at a clothing boutique called Blush, and I even started straight away. My coworkers were nice- thank god- and I got a job as a sales assistant which wasn't very easy since the boutique was filled with people because it was summer.

"Hey Kristina!" I said as soon as I got out of the storage room. Kristina wasn't here when I first arrived an hour ago, her 4 months old baby boy, Adam, was sick and she was waiting for her mother to arrive so she can come.

"Hi Penny! Thanks for covering up for me, I owe you." She said gratefully. Kristina was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She was a tall woman, with a stunning figure. She also has five adorable kids. Her husband Jason worked as the financial manager for this boutique. Actually, Jason was the one that told Kristina about the store.

I smiled at Kristina's response and walked back to my customer. "This is the last piece I could find in your size, people have been coming here non stop last week." I handed her the black bikini she chose earlier.

"Thanks, do you mind telling me where is the dressing room?" She asked. I showed her where it was and walked back to Kristina, who was fixing some shirts that were messily hanged by the customers.

Blush was a very successful boutique, I only met the owner of this once and it was when I first applied. Jess, the owner, was a pretty curvy woman with glasses and braces. She had a long brown hair that was in a high ponytail, which looked pretty good on her.

"Hey Penny, what do you think of this?" Kristina asked, pointing at the fully clothed mannequin she has been working on.

"It looks great, but try switching the black skinny jeans with normal blue jeans. I think it will look better that way."

"Alright! Thanks, you're a lifesaver!" She said with a grin.

***

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Kristina asked as she was getting her wallet from her bag. Kristina and Jasmine, another employee at the Blush boutique, were going to eat lunch. Jasmine was a light skinned, Jamaican woman. She was also sweet and she was the one who told me about this job. I remember I was sitting in the café that was across the boutique when a Jasmine came up to me, asking if I needed a job.

"Where are you going again? And are we even allowed to eat in here?" I asked, looking at them.

"To the burger place beside Alan's Café, and no we're not but no one will know and we'll eat in the locker room anyways." Jasmine replied.

"Then I'd like a double patty burger with cheese fries," I paused, thinking of what I would like to drink. " Oh, and Vanilla milkshake please."

"Alright." Kristina said, turning around to leave.

"Wait, where are you going? I didn't give you money yet." I told her, confused.

"It's fine we'll pay this time." Jasmine said.

"Alright. Thanks!" I smiled at them.

After thirty minutes of waiting patiently and helping costumers, the door chimes and two footsteps make there way to myself. I was looking at the mannequins, so my back was turned.

A throat being cleared made me turn around. There stood the owner of Blush boutique in all her glory.

"Uh.. Hi Ma'am!" I said nervously. "I-I didn't know you were coming."

"Should I call you whenever I visit my boutique?" Jess asked with a sarcastic tone. Oh no, what did I do?

"I-I'm so sorry Ma'am," I stuttered, putting my hands over my face. "I'm sorry?"