Chapter Three - Deep Stare

Chapter Three

Deep Stare

Thunder Flier

(Y/N) flew towards the group, her wings flapping powerfully as she teared apart the soft clouds above her,as her pupils gave sharp looks into the sky. Today, the wind was strong, the trees danced along with the wind's rhythm, the bushes whispered among themselves, the grass dropping small amount of water from what rested of the last rain, the sun was almost dissappearing, letting the clouds surround everything, today, the sky wasn't happy, and he left behind smokes of anger, dark clouds...

Slowly, the dark clouds approached, the white puffy clouds slowly turned into darker ones as the intense smell of rain came into (Y/N)'s nostrils, what made her stop right away, a bunch of inches away of the group  that now were lost into the dark cloudy sky, she huffed.

- W-Well... i didn't want to hurt anydragon anyway! - (Y/N) shivered, she didn't like rains.

She flapped her wings camly, trying to hover and sustain herself high in the sky and still between the clouds, her (S/C) darkening as more clouds appeared above her, for once, the rain would strike the skies with their anger. ' The clouds will cry soon... ' (Y/N) thought to herself, as suddenly, a strong thunder roared behind her, causing her to yelp in fear.

(Y/N) huffed, ducking her wings and starting to fall down, she tried to escape from the sudden cloud's anger, opening her wings quickly as she felt the ground getting closer, softly placing her paws on the dirty ground of the forest. Soon, the small drops of water fell into the ground, hitting softly (Y/N)'s scales. ' Why the sudden sadness, clouds? ' She wondered.

She slowly walked towards a tree, that seemed to have crying leaves, its branches stretching until they could touch the ground and the long vines fullwith dead leaves, a ancient crying tree, or how the dragons called among themselves, the Dropping Tears tree, how sad...

(Y/N) sighed, curling her tail around herself as she sat closer and leaned against the tree's trunk, it felt awkward, slimy and it seemed to have trunk's skin falling off, well, it didn't bother the female Nightfury, just a temporary shield from the crying clouds.

The thunder hit the grounds with stength, from far, you could see a few getting on fire, but soon the fire were killed by the tears made by the clouds, the human group was nowhere far to be seen by (Y/N)'s eyes, she stared at every cloud at every few minutes to check if they were still around here. ' What i was doing? Attacking humans so sudden no reason? Huh..' she thought to herself. Laying her head on her ground as she gave a long and calm sigh.

The water drops fell into the ground with grace, as the rain slowly got stronger releasing even more 'tears', thunder hitting the trees leaving behind fire into the weak trunks, but slowly it fadded away along with the rain, the clouds still kept themselves high and darker in the sky, only releasing weak drops of water, but suddenly the wind got strong pushing the trees to 'dance' along with the lonely powerful wind. Tori didn't appear for long five hours, might be lost or something else.

As the time passed by, (Y/N) got bored, and stood up and walked right into a cave, she didn't knew the rain would take that long, so the cave was a plan B in case of long-rainy-nights. Her plans was always like that... Sleeping under a tree for short rains, and sleeping in caves in case of boring long rainy nights, why not? They always worked!

As she walked into the cave, her tail being dragged behind her leaving a small trail of mud as she walked in, the cave was quiet, only being able to listen to her own breath and the small annoying drops, but she heard something more than just water drops...

~ Deeper into the cave ~ 

- I know Astrid, i had no choice, the rain arrived too fast. We had no enough time to fly back, believe me, flying in those storms isn't fun. - Hiccup exclaimed, as he sat on the cold ground of the cave.

- I just.. hate staying in those kind of dark caves... Have you ever heard of those legends?  Might have the demon bear here! - She huffed.

Both of the humans kept talking between themselves, as Toothless just laid down and huffed with boredom, his green eyes glowing in the dark as he looked around himself, suddenly, a familiar smell went into his nostrils, he groaned happily. Quickly giving a careful push with his tail on Hiccup's leg.

- What's wrong my friend? Hungry? - Hiccup smiled, turning his head to him.

Toothless suddenly stood up, the weird smile placing within his feralish muzzle, as he tried to lead Hiccup somewhere, in hope to discover the fresh smell, pawing at the ground and jumping  towards the direction, he called for his attention with soft roars and hurrs.

At first, Hiccup stared at him with a weird and confused expression, but he soon realised and called for Astrid, both humans, and both dragons, followed Toothless in the random direction. Hoping that would be something... Safe.

~ Back at the Female Nightfury ~

(Y/N)'s scales glowed softly at the dying sun light, but soon, the dark clouds covered the lasting light on the sky before releasing more water drops into the ground, the female Nightfury had her wings kinda wet, her body seemed to hurt, why you ask? Well, it happens a lot of times to her.

Since she was born, she had a problem, with her hot body along with something cold, will result in body pain, well, weird isn't it? She didn't mind at all... If it didn't bother her that much. That body 'failure', happened when she was almost breaking the oh-so-known egg wall, as her mother had extreme hot nests, she accidentaly had pushed (Y/N)'s into a small pool, resulting in a termic problem. Well, that's not much info... Since she didn't felt comfortable about sharing the story about such weird moment... Huh.

Suddenly, steps could be heard, claws scratching in the ground and a few whispers... (Y/N) stood up, groaning at the pain flowing though her body, her legs were shaking a lot to sustain her body's weight as she stared into the cave's darness before her. Her ears were up and alert, listening to every sound that came from that random direction she soon growled at the sudden appearence of something green glowing...

Suddenly, Toothless appeared, he seemed to smile but his tooth wasn't there, weird! ... Behind him, had a dragon, and two humans, both of them seemed to be surprised by (Y/N)'s presence...

- I knew it! - Hiccup spoke, a smile appearing though his lips.

(( I know this Chapter isn't the best thing ever, but i will try in the next one xD Enjoy? ))