Chapter 8: Club Balajo

“Le Balajo. 9 Rue de Lappe.” Gabby gave the cab driver the address of the club where she was meeting the twins then sat back to watch the streets of Paris fly by and tried to put the conversation with Keith out of her mind.

It was nearly midnight and the line at the club was wrapped around the building, but she showed her Trend Mag press pass and a bouncer ushered her behind a velvet rope to a separate entrance where Larry and Laurent were chilling out in the VIP section.

“Wow, you look…,” Larry stopped short and bit his bottom lip. “Come. You sit here.”

He flashed his killer smile from underneath a red snapback perfectly matching his Franklin & Marshall jacket and rubbed a place beside him on the crushed velvet couch.

“Noooo, she sit by me!” Laurent patted the front of his Criminalz Crew sweatshirt pretending to be offended.

They were clowning again.

Gabby folded her arms and twisted her polished lips into a dismissive half smile. “No, thanks. I’ll stand.”

Larry fell over grabbing at his chest like he’d been shot in the heart and Laurent crumpled up against the arm of the couch.

“Seriously, I can’t even deal with you two!” Gabby rolled her eyes playfully. “How long have you been here anyway? Hope I didn’t keep you waiting.”

“No, we just got here because Larry take FOREVER getting dressed. The limo almost leave without us.”

Larry curled his top lip at Laurent and struck a pose. “Don’t listen to him. Are you ready to take my peeksher now, girl? Where you want me?”

Laurent leaned in next to him throwing up hand signs.

Gabby laughed. “Tonight I think we’re just taking some action shots of you dancing. I need to go find the photographer then I’ll catch up with you guys. Okay?”

“Okii. We go dance.” Laurent nodded to Larry and they made their way out to the floor.