Chapter One

- Eleven Years Later -

  "Cosette, pack your things. We must go."

  "Again?"

  "Yes, this is the life we live." He turned on his heels and left. I slowly packed my few belongings and got out of my pajamas. This is my life now. All we do is run and I don't know why. We are going back to Paris. Eight years ago, when Papa found me, was the last time we were in Paris. It will be quite strange going back. I hear that there is talk of revolution. That just means we will be leaving Paris sooner. I wish we could just live nomrally; not like fugitives. We have nothing to hide and have done nothing wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  Our cottage is quite beautiful, but is in a dim neighborhood. The front yeard is beautiful with a fence surrounding our land. This house will never be permanent, but it is a good temporary. My room is of a normal size and has detailing over the maroon colored walls. There is one window with a perfect view of our yard. I pulled my clothes out of my bag and hung them in my perfectly sized closet.

  "Cosette, ready to go?" My father was dressed in his usual best. Today we are going to walk around and see if we can help some of these citizens on the street. It's heartbreakingto see children on the street. I grabbed a basket and filled it with food that wouldn't be missed by Papa and I. My father grabbed his coat and locked the door behind him.

  There are so many people who need help. I emptied half of the basket and we had only walked for an hour. As we got closer to the town square, you could see something going on. A groud of people gathered together, yelling about something on what looked like a stage. As I got closer, I could see the people on the stage. One had brown hair and some freckles; nothing special. That''s when I saw him. His golden curls bouncing as he talked. His perfect fitting suit, and his blue eyes with a hint of grey. His face was perfectly sculpted to fit all of his other features. He was yelling about the revolution. He must be the leader; my luck. Fall for a revolutionary.

  I realized I was staring and turned to continue my walk. I talked to a few people before the crowd left because of him. My father had gone to help someone, so I waited, watching curly pass out flyers. As he passed out the last flyer, he looked up and our eyes met. He looked star-struck. I could feel the blush deepening on my face as his cheeks turned pink. His smile was beautiful and I coudln't help but feel my head stop. I had never felt like this before. Our gaze was never broken. I walked to another man and handed him food.

  "Miss?"

  "Yes?"

  "I think someone fancies you." I turned around to see that curly was still watching me. He was getting closer and I would feel myself growing anxioius. He was about to speak when Papa came running.

  "Cosette, we need to get out of here." My face dropped at his words. Father grabbed my arm as we fled back to our cottage. I looked back to see curly's face full of sadness. If only we could finally stop running long enough for me to find love.