Chapter 5: Thoughts of Fears

"Boy can you just go get her already!" Nicole slammed her hands on the car steering wheel

"Say mane you betta watch who you slamming yo hands down at!" I griped back.

"And you betta watch the tone of your voice before I get Tyrone on yo ass!"

"It ain't like he goin do shit." I spat.

"You wanna bet?" She clapped back as I slammed the passenger door.

"Don't slam my damn door!" She stood with one foot out the car as I made my way up the steps of Deshia's complex.

"Yo short-tempered ass ain't goin do nun either." I shot back and immediately ducked as a water bottle flew by.

"You missed." I laughed off as she rolled her eyes.

With the shake of my head, I called myself foolish for even volunteering to get in the car with her.

Out of all the females I've encountered including Deshia, Nicole had to be the most high matinence. If it didn't go her way there was a problem.

Which is something I refused to put up with.

If Tyrone would think with his head and not his dick, he would be wise not to put up with it either.

Once I got to Deshia's door I knocked as if I were the cops. The sooner I could get her in Nicole's car, the better.

As I shoved my hands into my sweatpants' pockets, I waited for any movements on the other side.

Knocking a couple times more, I still heard nothing.

Turning back to the stairwell, I debated on waiting along the railing or fleeing down the street.

The whole ride from my house, Nicole had been asking about my dating habits and what I did and didn't like in a female. Already knowing her reasons without even asking, the fact that she was trying to figure out how I felt about Deshia annoyed me.

Hell, I didn't even know how I was feeling.

For the past few days, my curiosity had been taking over and I just wanted to get closer to her.

After Deshia and I's conversations last night, I began to wondered if she'd left a spare key lying around.

Groaning to myself on how stupid the idea sounded, I decided to check anyway.

Looking under the doormat, the plant holder, and even above the ledge of the door, I didn't find anything. Concluding that she was either a good hider or there was no key, I rubbed my head out of frustration.

"What the hell are you looking for?" Deshia's soft, yet dominant voice echoed from behind.

Feeling like a kid caught with his hands in the cookie jar, I turned around slowly coming in arms reach of her.