Chapter 8: The Opening Note

Due to my apartment being ripped to shreds, I made every excuse possible to get ready at Nicole's

Due to my apartment being ripped to shreds, I made every excuse possible to get ready at Nicole's. Though I had my suspicions on who might've trashed my place, I didn't want anyone around or near it.

Hell, it was already enough that Sean was getting comfortable with asking questions.

"Girl we bout to get this dub!" Nicole yelled as she jumped around her room. "Mmhh! Ayee!" She danced to the music playing in the background. "Them niggas ain't goin know what hit em." I smiled at her eagerness as she sat next to me on the floor.

"Sooo..." She rubbed against my shoulder. "How's my bestfran?"

I playfully brushed her shoulder back.
"Your bestfriend is doing fine."

She smacked her lips. "Girl you goin have to give me a lil more than that." She stopped applying eye black to her cheeks. "How are you mentally? How's school? How are you and your new boo? Is the shop doing g-" I forcefully nudge her side.

"Hefa don't try to play like you didn't slip that in there."

"Slip what? My two cents." She rolled her eyes knowing I caught the gesture. "Ugh fine trap ears." She smacked her lips. "What happened between last night and this morning?"

"You act like Sean and I fucked." I shrugged off.

"Uhmm?" She slightly coughed pursing her lips as her brow lifted in questioning.

"No, we didn't have sex, and secondly nothing crazy went down. He just happened to be my only ride home if I'm being honest." I gave her a look implying what I truly meant.

"Oh about that-" She grit her teeth together in guilt as I threw my hand up.

If you don't remember correctly, she practically left my ass once weapons were drawn.

"Like I said, he was my only ride home, but I didn't make it to my apartment because I fell asleep."

"So that nigga was being slick." She semi-whispered to herself.

"What you mean?" I quirked my brow.

"Nevermind that." She waved off getting up from an Indian style position. "Now continue." She seemed to still be in thought, though I ignored it.

"There's not really much else. I woke up the next morning, watched him cook breakfast; made small talk and before I knew it, we were at school." I shrugged getting up as well.

"Remind me not to let you write a book." She rolled her eyes. "You're terrible at giving details."

"What? I'm telling the truth." I pulled my braids into a high ponytail as I stood in front of her body mirror.

"Um I didn't say anything about the truth. I want the juicy ass details." She picked up her phone beginning to type. "Tiddies have more juice than what you're giving me."