Chapter 9: Wild For The Streets

"C'mon Deshia make some shake

"C'mon Deshia make some shake." Xavier slapped my backside as he walked past me.

"Slap my ass again and you'll be getting tackled next." I whipped a braid from the front of my face as I crouched down.

"You tired there sweetness?" Cory laughed bending down opposite of me.

"Just run the damn ball." I breathed out.

"Wait!" Nicole lifted up waving her hand around. "Time the fuck out!" She shook her head walking behind DeAndre and I and onto the porch.

"What the hell?" Cory lifted as well with his arms out in confusion.

"I don't wanna hear it Cory!" Nicole called out opening the sliding door to enter the house.

Smirking at her demand for a break on the exterior, I was semi-thanking her due to the impact on my hip from the last play.

Cory came down on me pretty hard and I knew it would hurt worse in the morning.

Of the last few odd plays we agreed on, the boys were up by four. Nicole and I needed to make one last touch down to prove that girls were just as good.

I ended up taking position of QB while Dre and Nicole covered me. In the previous play, I had the ball and just so happened, Cory and Xavier switched last minute confusing Nicole and Dre.

With everyone else deciding to take a break as well, I headed in the direction of the cooler as I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"Got any tips coach?" I threw my hands on my hips as I stood next to Sean who was leaning back in a patio chair.

"You got quick feet." He stared off into the distance. "Use em." He tossed over a water bottle.

"Ugh that's it?" I pouted.

"Mmhhm." He nodded not looking in my direction.

Cutting my eyes with curiosity, I hoped he wasn't being serious. Though when I studied his face, there was no smile; not even a hint of emotion that he was joking.

Blowing out a huff once more, I snapped the top from my water bottle beginning to walk away.

So much for trying to start a conversation.

Feeling the force work against me, a tug on the loop of my shorts drew me back.

Looking back, Sean leaned forward preparing his lips to speak. "I wasn't finished."

"You sure sounded like you were." I remarked taking a gulp of my water.

"Well, I wasn't." He mocked turning my hips to face his direction.

Relaxing my right hand on the table, I gave him the look to continue. "Cory has an injury between his left shoulder and chest, if you hit em just right you'll knock him down." My eyes went bold.