Part two

Thursday after school I file into the gym with Trina for cheer tryouts.

"Oh look. These two again." Carly spots us instantly and tosses her ponytail aside in a annoyed gesture.

"It wouldn't be a school year with out us at least pretending we have a chance of making it." Trina smiles mockingly friendly.

"Of course."

"Well you might have a chance. Theres less then ten girls trying out." Stephanie admits.

"Might? Theres less then ten girls and its still only might?" I ask in disbelief.

"Well I mean... If more then three of them suck... Then you have a chance. Its only cause our other option is dropping the cheer team completely. Which we have considered." Carly quickly explains, tossing her manicured fingers around.

"Oh geez." Trina rolls her eyes.

The coach comes in and explains how try outs will works, and some other boring senseless stuff.

We aren't dismissed till six, meaning were stuck walking home. But this time we actually walk cause no one pulls over to offer a ride.

"Hows Colt?" Trina asks on the walk

"How should I know."

"Come on. Youre only english partners."

"I haven't spoken to him."

"Really? Hes like the one and only nice guy and youre not talking to him?"

"Um ya... Ricardo? Remember?"

"Ya. That would be an issue."

"I'm not interested in Colt either way. So ya."

"He could be our ticket to first class event" She coos. Trinas very obsessed with the idea of a rich life style. Mainly because her familys are one of the more poor of our area. My family has more money. Were still poor. But we are way better off then her. Which is why she often borrows my clothes and hangs out at my house. Trinas one of six in a three bedroom apartment, and has to share her room with her sisters. I have my own room. But we live in a condo. My dads the pastor at the local church and my mom works for a lady on the other side of town cleaning and taking care of her two kids. Trinas dad has a lawn business and her mom does odd jobs to get money. Like selling her quilts at the flea market.

"He could. But so could cheerleading."

"We actually have a chance this year too." She claps excitedly.

"Well I have to work tomorrow after school. So I might leave before they post the list." I tell her, referring to my side job working for the Denny's in town.

"You have to stay!" She whines.

"I have to pay for our cell phone bill."

Our parents couldn't afford to get us cellphones, so with my job I pay for mine and Trinas phones. Granted she has been trying to get a job. But people prefer me cause I have straight As and a perfect record. Trina got caught up in some stuff last year. Nothing big. Just enough so that most people wont glance twice at her.

"Maybe thats a little more important." She admits

"Just a little." I laugh. It takes me about two shifts to pay for our bill so I usually cover that in one weekend, everything else I use to buy things I need or want.

"Well Ill send you a picture of the list then."

"Sounds good." I say reaching her house. See you later." I wave as she enters the door. My home is another block away so I continue till I get home.