Part eight

"Where are we going?" I ask Colt, playing with the dials on his radio. Its like nine in the morning and we've been driving for two hours already.

"My home town." He states simply. turning the station back on that I had just changed.

"Can we get breakfast soon?"

"Sure. But I'm gonna guess that you don't want dennys?"

"Ew no. Lets get mcdonalds."

"What ever you want." He pulls into the nearest McDonalds and leads me inside the fast food place that smelt of syrup and fryed oil. "What do you want?" He asks me as we step up to the cash register.

"Can I get a sausage mcmuffin and an orange juice." I tell the cashier, more so then Colt.

"I'll have the same."

"Okay that'll be five sixty three." She rings up the order and Colt pulls a ten dollar bill out his wallet, handing it over to her. She hand back his change and a receipt he leads me over to a table while we wait for our food to be ready.

"Where are we?" I ask looking out side at the unfamiliar surroundings.

'"Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the ride."

"Good thing I trust that your not a serial killer or something." I giggle as they call our order. He slides out the booth and grabs the tray, grabbing napkins and straws on the way back to the table. He hands me my food, and I happily dig into it.

"Ya. I'm not if it makes you feel better."

"Not what?" I ask confused

"A Serial killer."

"Oh! yes that does make me feel better. I'm just glad to be out of town though."

"Then I hope you enjoy today."

"I already am." I smile genuinely at him.

"I really like your smile." He says lightly.

"Thanks." I don't really know how to responds to that, or anything he ever says for that matter. I always feel bad. But really, what do you say? Complements are just awkward.

We eat the rest of breakfast in silence then hop back in his car, after I use the bathroom, for the rest of the trip.

At some point in the drive his hand lands on my knee. Making me feel safe and comforted.

"Where almost there." He says getting off the freeway. He pulls into a large parking lot and I look at him weird.

"You bought me to a mall?"

"Yep. Lets go shopping." He leads me into the Macys enterance and when he grabs my hand, I pull back instinctively, like I always do in public. But then I notice, theres lots of interracial couples walking around. Its normal here. And I see thats why were here. We can just be us here and no one to judge. I take his hand back and we begin walking through the stores. Most of the stuff is stuff I can't afford, nor would even think of asking for.

"I wanna take you here." He leads me into a build a bear. A place I always wanted to go as a kid, but much to expensive for my family. My dad said it was a waste, when my mother could make a bear herself for me, which she did, but it wasnt the same.

"Its expensive here."

"I'm spoiling you today, and for the rest of our relationship."

"Thats not why I'm with you."

"Good. Cause thats not why I'm with you either." He leads me to the variety of bear skins. I pick a white furry bear with black bead eyes and a pink nose, and lead it to the stuffing station where we give it a heart. We then dress it and bathe it. I pick out a brown button down shirt for it. Its a snazzy bear. I'm pretty sure I spend the whole time laughing. I never was this happy with Ricardo.

We also go to forever 21 and American Eagle where he buys me a few clothes, even over my protest. I mean why is this guy, whose not allowed to see me, be so good to me, but the guy everyone wants me with, is terrible.

"Did you have fun today?"

"Of course. People are great here. No e body even paid attention to us. It's weird almost."

"That's how it should be. We shouldn't spend life being judged. Look at it this way, God loves us all, we are prizes to him, if that's true why would he want you to feel bad about who you choose to date?" He sits down with me and hands me the Jamba Juice smoothie he just ordered for us both.

"Thanks. I guess that's a good point. But it's hard when no one else sees life that way."

"Aubri, look. Do what makes you happy. I don't wanna pressure you in to anything but honestly. Who makes you happy?"

"You do. Without a doubt."

"Then be with me."

"I will be. I am." I state confidently.

"Then it's settled." He stands taking my hand. "No going back. This is it. And you'll break up with the guy you currently call your boy friend. I don't wanna be selfish, but I don't like the thought of sharing you." He puts his arms around me.

"Trust me, I wouldn't do that to you in the first place. Nor would it be pleasing to God."

"Right. Ready to go?" He asks

"Not really. But I think we have to." I sigh

"Let's go face our world."

_______________________