Part five

"Are you nervous?" Trina asks me before school as I dress for today. Because its a special day, uniforms aren't enforced. So I pull on some short (but a modest short) jeans and my white tshirt wr designed. I throw on my maroon knock off toms because Ricardo and the guys have us all wearing red. I pull my thick hair into a hair tie them tie it with the white hair ribbon we have to wear.

"Not really. I am nervous about the dance though. How am I gonna keep Ricardo and Colt from meeting?"

"Is ricky going?" She stands up and looks at me. I watch her as she ruffles through my stuff and finds a pair of red clothe shorts to wear.

"He said hes gonna 'make an apperance." I mimic in his sting accent.

"Oh boy. It'll be fun to watch either way." I shrug in agreance to her statement. "Your not wearing your tennis shoes to school?"

"No You know I hate tennis shoes." Its true. I prefer flats or sandals or even boots. "Beside. The gang rules."

"Aubri lets quit it."

"Quit what?" I scrunch my noes up at her in confusion.

"The gang."

"Are you crazy?"

"Then you could be with Colt."

"I don't want to be with colt."

"Aubri" she starts but then trails off getting a distant look on her face.

"Whats wrong?" I ask

"I just can't do this any more." She groans. "And your our way out."

"You act like were slaves or something."

"Whatever." She grab her bag and ends the conversation. I follow her outside to the car. Slightly excited for today.

"Hey guys." I say to the girls as me and Trina arrive at school.

"Whats up?" Liza grins. Shes wearing a red tanktop with jeans and sandals.

"One of us actually became cheerleaders. Wow. Thought it wouldn't happen until maybe my grandkids went to school." Veronica jokes. She has a red scrunchie in her hair and red knee high socks over her tights. Veronica usually wears edgy stuff. Like tights with combat boots. Ones she got for discounted prices at the flea market.

"Well me and Aubri are changing the rules this year."

"No were not." I correct her.

"Ignore her. Shes scared."

"Don't ignore me, instead listen to me. This isn't a movie. Were not going to turn the tables an suddenly become the most popular girls here." I put my hands on either side of her face and speak slowly and clearly to her. She stares at me before shaking off my hands.

"Give it a few weeks. Lets take bets. I have five on three." Trina says to Veronica and Liza.

"Eh... Thats too easy. I say maybe three months." Liza looks at me skepitcally.

"Were not betting on me!"

"I'll say four and a half weeks." Veronica adds.

"I hate you all in the most Godly way possible." I moan before heading to my locker.

"Hey babe. Looking nice." Ricardo comes up. Of course. "Is this what your wearing to the rally?"

"Yes. Except the shoes."

"So you have red tennis shoes?"

"No. White tennis shoes." I scrunch my noes at him, retrieving my books for my first two classes before locking the locker back up and turning to look at him.