Ch. 17

Ben and Maleficent spent the next half hour talking about what Auradon and the Isle of the Lost were both like. Ben had told Maleficent Jane was just going to get the transfer slips from his father which would take a while. There was a knock on the door so Ben got up and answered it. It was Jane with a smile on her face. He shut the door behind him and nodded for Jane to tell him.

"I found them. They escaped Maleficent in time and are currently on a beach looking at Auradon. They're all perfectly fine though. Should I bring them back?" Jane asked.

"Yes!" Ben exclaimed. Jane flashed something and suddenly disappeared. Ten seconds later, there was another bright flash and Mal, Aspen, Alex, Carlos, and Jane all appeared.

"Ben!" Mal said. She hugged him, Aspen still in one arm but not quite as asleep. When she saw Ben, she squealed.

"Daddy!" she screamed. Maleficent could hear something happening outside of the room but knew what it was as soon as she heard a little girl yell daddy. She walked out of the room and onto the scene of the reunion. Jane took Aspen from Ben and Carlos had Alex as they quietly slipped away, unnoticed by Maleficent.

"Oh, darling. You stupid creature." Maleficent said. Mal hit her with a blast of green magic but Maleficent, being stronger and more experienced, easily avoided it. "When will you learn? I'm stronger than you, I'm better than you, and will always beat you." Maleficent said as they were both trying to get to each other but the other one was blocking them. Mal was using almost all her strength and Maleficent, experienced but old, was running out of her power. Ben could only watch helplessly since he couldn't use magic but soon Jane came running back and blasted Maleficent into thin air.

"Thank you, Jane." Mal said.

"Anytime. Alex and Aspen are asleep in their room." Jane replied. Neither of them knew what had happened or where Maleficent had gone but everyone hoped she was gone for good. And she was.