Ch. 1

Mal and Ben had just gotten back from their honeymoon. They had discovered a new island off the far coast of Auradon and spent the week there. Alone with peace and quiet. Now that Ben was King, he would be busy all the time which meant Mal would rarely see him unless he did his work where she was or she had things to do while he worked. She figured it would be fine and that it wouldn't be as bad as Ben kept warning her about. He knew that she was kind of wary being alone now that she was not only married to her mother's worst nightmare, but was the Queen of a kingdom Maleficent hated. Mal knew her mom would come after her and try to take her back to the Isle of the Lost and make her evil again.

When they walked into the palace, they came across Beast and Belle. They were just coming to welcome the two back to Auradon.

"Ben! Mal! Welcome back!" Belle smiled. Beast followed behind her, not as smiley. He still wasn't happy with the idea of his son marrying the most evil villain's daughter. He was determined to find fault in Mal and get his son to banish her. Ben let go of Mal's hand and walked towards his mother. Mal followed behind him.

"Hey, mom." Ben smiled, giving her a warm hug. When he released her, she went right over and hugged Mal. Mal was taken by surprise, and so was Ben, but she hugged the former Queen back. Beast welcomed his son back but ignored Mal completely. Mal knew what Beast thought of her but she still felt a little sad at his gesture. Ben noticed and grabbed her hand again. He squeezed it reassuringly and she smiled up at him.

"Alright. Well, we'll get going. Good luck, son. We believe in you." Beast said.

"Bye, honey. And, Mal, if you need anything just stop by." Belle smiled warmly. Mal nodded and they left. Belle and Beast were going to the other side of the kingdom to live in a nice cabin. They wanted their son to rule the kingdom on his own so they had built a small cabin at the edge of the kingdom on the beach. They had agreed to it when Ben was only ten years old. They would be close enough if he or Mal needed anything but far enough from the castle that Beast wouldn't try to talk Ben into ruling the kingdom his way.

    Once Beast and Belle had left, Mal felt more comfortable. She loved Belle but Beast was a little harsh on her.

~*~Flashback ~*~

"Mom, dad, we want to tell you something." Ben said, standing up and deciding it was time to tell his parents he and Mal were engaged.

"Go ahead, son." Beast replied.

"We're getting married." Ben smiled widely. He was proud that he could call Mal his and Mal was ecstatic.

"That's great!" Belle said, full of happiness. She truly was happy for his son and this villain daughter turned good. She trusted Mal and was like the mother Mal needed this whole time.

"What?" Beast roared. This was not what he had hoped for. Mal, Ben, and Belle's smiles all faded as the former King looked enraged. "I said you are to marry someone you love not a villain! For all we know, she could still be trying to steal the magic wand for her mother!" he yelled, pointing accusingly at Mal. Mal was used to being a disappointment but she had hoped her future father-in-law would have reacted better.

"Sweetie, calm down. It's not as bad as you're making it out to be." Belle said, rubbing his arm soothingly. It didn't help. Beast slammed his hands on the table and stood up.

"I will not tolerate a villain in this palace. If I ever see that filthy creature around here again, I'll banish her to a solitary island for the rest of her life!" he yelled. Mal ran out of the room trying not to cry but didn't even make it to the steps before she burst into tears. He was worse than her mother. At least her mother hadn't called her a filthy creature and threatened to banish her into solitary confinement for the rest of her life. Ben had yelled back at his father then chased after Mal. After that, he made sure that his father wasn't alone with Mal because of what he had threatened.

~*~Flashback Over~*~

    Ben could tell something was on Mal's mind so he took her to their room and shut the door. He made sure all the maids and servants were out before turning to Mal.

"What's wrong?" he asked. She sighed and sat on the large king bed.

"Your father hates me." she answered. Ben didn't know how to reply. He had figured that's what was bothering her but he knew he couldn't fix that. She knew it was true, he knew it was true, and he wasn't going to try to lie to her.

"Yeah. But he's not here anymore. It's just me, you, and whatever crazy servants and maids we have here." Ben finally replied. Mal laughed at the last part and he walked over to where she was. "Come here." he commanded playfully. She stood up and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She wrapped her's around his neck and pulled him close, standing on her tip toes. He lightly kissed her shoulder then rested his chin in the crook of her neck.

"I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too." he whispered back.