Chapter Five

I don't own any of this! I only turned this into a NaLu Fanfic!

Lucy

Rule Number Five: Be Ladylike

Oh, the look on Natsu's gorgeous face was priceless. He was staring at me with his jaw dropped, cookie remnants on his lips, making him look like a little kid with his hand in the cookie jar late at night. Walking past him and into the living room, I saw his mom watching What Not to Wear, a favorite of mine. Tonight wasn't the time to watch fashion shows though. Flipping on the overhead lights, Natsu came towards me, looking down at his mom.

"Mom, this is my friend Lucy. We're just gonna chill in my room." He told his mom, laying a hand on her shoulder.

"Alright, honey. Lucy dear, don't let him get out of hand," she warned, turning to me, a loving smile on her pretty face. I saw that she had the same thick Pink hair as Natsu's and the same deep onyx eyes. He also had her brilliant smile, which she was now flashing at me.

"Oh trust me, Mrs. Dragneel, I'll make sure he doesn't try anything."

"Actually, Lucy, it's Miss. I've never been married. Go on, honeybuns, take her back to your room. There are more cookies on the tray and some milk in the fridge if you want some."

Blushing at my mistake, I thanked Natsu's mom and followed him to the kitchen, where he grabbed some cookies and put them in a nice arrangement on a plate before pouring three glasses of milk. Taking a glass of milk and two cookies to his mom, he kissed the top of her head and walked down the hall to what I assumed was his room. Following him like a child playing follow the leader, I stepped into his room, slightly surprised by what I saw. I expected his walls to be plastered with pictures of naked girls draped over cars or equally nasty pictures, but he mostly had pictures of his friends and family on his wall, mostly of him with his mother when he was younger. His blue walls were plastered with pictures like that and the occasional band poster, revealing some of his personality.

His room was tidy. Not clean, but tidy. There were some articles of clothing on the floor, but nothing compared to mine, and his bed was made, quickly but efficiently. There were CDs and movies scattered across the top of his dresser, along with some old Twinkie wrappers and empty cups and bottles of orange juice. Mine was still dirtier. I guess my mom was right when she said I should have been born a boy. I still disagree, merely saying that I am not as girly as she would like. Her retort was that I was more guy-like than my brother, who went weeks without showering and didn't clean his room only to find a dead rat under his bed. Yeah. . .um, no.

"So, honeybuns," I mocked him, smiling as I examined his room, "what are we gonna do tonight?"

"Hey," he said, a warning in his voice. "Only my mom's allowed to call me honeybuns. And even she's about to cross a line by doing it."

"Whatever," I said with an eye roll, grabbing his football off the floor and flopping back on his bed, tossing the ball up into the air over and over again. He came and sat at the foot of his bed, popping another cookie into his mouth and chewing thoughtfully. Sighing, I sat up again and pegged him with the football, causing him to fall to the ground with an 'oomph'. Being the kind person that I am, I reached my hand out at the last minute and saved the cookies. The glasses of milk were sitting on his dresser, rattling slightly from the impact of Natsu's big manly body hitting the floor.

"Dude, just because you're a girl doesn't mean I'm against getting back at you," he warned, getting the glasses of milk and handing one to me, giving me a look I knew all too well. It was a look of challenge. Of determination. I'd seen it many times on my older brother's face, and I never backed down from a challenge. So, giving him a level yes and putting the answer to his question in my eyes, we counted down from three and then it was on.