Chapter Eight

Natsu

Rule Number Eight: Expect the Unexpected

After I dropped Lucy off at her house, I drove home, forcing myself to keep from rubbing my chest. I didn't want to ruin the tattoo and I didn't want my mom to ask me why I was in pain. So I just clenched my teeth and ignored the pain. Oh God. I had no idea how I was going to tell my mom. Sure, she was a laid back mom most of the time, but she absolutely hated tattoos. She was going to have an anyeurism when she found out I inked myself out. And on a dare. Shit. What had I let Lucy talk me into getting a big spider tattooed on my chest? Whatever though. The damage was done. I was eighteen years old-a legal adult. I could do what I wanted.

Hopping out of my car once I parked it in the driveway, I grabbed my bag from the tattoo parlor and let myself into the house, trying to be quiet so my mom didn't hear me. I didn't need to worry though, because she was in the guest room painting, in the zone, completely unaware of my presense. Still, I called out to her so that she knew I was home and then I wandered into my room, glancing at my alarm clock to see what time it was. The clock read six o'clock, and I stared at it in shock. Lucy and I had spent the entire day together! I'd picked her up from her house at ten, and we'd gone to the library for a while before heading over to the mall. My Iphone 5 began blaring 'Party In Your Bedroom' by Cash Cash and I fumbled around, trying to find where it was. I found it on my nightstand right as the last ring was blaring and I hit the answer button, saying 'hello' without checking the caller I.D.

"Babyboy?" A raspy feminine voice said. I cringed, immediately recognizing the nickname as the one assigned to me by Lisanna. I didn't know why she sounded so funky though.

"Hi Lisanna," I said tiredly, running one of my hands down my face.

"I am soo sorry, but I'm sick and can't make it tonight," she said between hacking coughs. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it sounded like she just hocked a lugie. I had to fight to keep from laughing. This Lisanna was so disgusting compared to the one I'd asked yesterday. This Lisanna was more like an everyday Lucy.

"It's okay. We can reschedule." We talked for a few more minutes before hanging up. I felt slightly sick to my stomach after hearing Lisanna continuously hack and cough, but I pushed aside my disgust and dialed a new number, one I'd just gotten yesterday but already knew by heart. I listened to some chick spiel on about how she hated how a guy was vain, how he played too many games, and that he was insecure while I waited for her to pick up, and right as I was listening to her say that a guy loved her but liked someone else Lucy picked up.

"Hi, Natsu," she said breathlessly.

"Hey Lucy. Say, how do you feel about an extra guest tonight?"

I pulled into the gym parking lot right at seven thirty, not wanting to piss off Lucy, and saw three figures standing in front of the entrance, huddled together and talking. Hopping out of my car and locking it, I walked over to them, hands stuck into the pockets of my leather jacket, white v-neck clinging to my chest. It didn't even hurt anymore. I just had to keep applying antiseptic.

"Hey, guys," I greeted, walking over to where Lucy stood in their group and slinging an arm around her shoulder. I felt her tense before relax again.

"Hi, Natsu," Levy replied, smiling a radiant smile at me. She was so nice. In all the time I'd known Levy, she'd never said a bad thing about anyone, and she cared about everything and anything. She stood in front of her boyfriend, back pressed against his front, his arms wrapped around her.

"Why hello there, gorgeous," Juvia greeted, wagging her plucked blue eyebrows sugestively. I gave her a nervous hello, eyeing the blue waves of her hair. She was dressed in black skinny jeans that made her butt impossible to miss, a white v-neck shirt that showed off her chest, with black high-top Chucks.