Chapter 11: Lily is a doll <3

Chanakya once said "as soon as fear approaches near, attack, and destroy it."

I guess that's good for sky jumping or taking a risk to ask out the boy you like. You destroy your fear and go for it but when something unknown walks in on you when your in the shower and talks, you kind of freak out.

I quickly grab the towel off the rack. "W...Who's there?!" I stutter.

"Lily," a little girl voice answers.

I slowly move the curtain back revealing a little brown haired girl around the age of 5. She was adorable. Her eyes were the same color as Zane's.

Holy cow does he have a kid?

"Oh hello...." I say slowly almost like a question.

"Why are you in my room?" She asks.

"Uhmmm... I-"

"Lily! Come in here for a second." Zane's voice calls from far away. Thank goodness.

"Bye!" She cheers and runs away leaving me there in shock.

When I get out and put on a T-shirt and shorts Zane let me borrow I wrap my hair in the towel and walk into the living room. Sitting on the couch is Zane with Lily laying in his arms. Both are watching a kids show. When I stop in my place the wood under me creaks and Zane turns his head. Lily just keeps her blue eyes glued to the television.

Zane whispers something to her and stands up. When he passes me he takes my right arm and pulls me with him.

When we walk into his room he immediately says, "We kinda have a problem."

"Yeah you put me in your daughters room!"

"I know her mom dropped h... Wait. You think she's my daughter?" I nodded. "Noo she's my niece, my sisters kid." He explained.

"Oh. Ohh. That explains a lot."

"Yea she came unexpected and said she had to go on a business trip and just left Lily with me. She always stays when Caroline has work."

"In the guest room," I add.

"Well it's basically hers since she is the only one that stays there."

"Well then I'll leave I don't want-"

"You don't have anywhere else to go, stay."

"I could find my parents house."

"Your parents would freak seeing you. And what if you run into yourself or something? That could cause something bad."

"I can't stay you have Lily."

"She likes everyone. Very friendly kid."

"Okay but I have nowhere to sleep."

"You can sleep in my room."

Okay. What.

Before I can say anything I think he sees my eyes widen because he finishes, "I'll get an air mattress for you. I have one in the closet." He points his finger to the wall.

"I don't see a closet."

"Oh right," he replies walking over too the wall. When he places his hand on the wall it glows a blue color and then part of the wall releases and slides to the right.

My mouth drops. "That is awesome!" I exclaim. Zane grabs a box from the side and clicks a button. Instantly it inflates and sprawls out across the floor.

"There ya go," Zane says. After I smile and thank him we walk back in the living room.

"Alright bedtime squirt," he pulls her body over his shoulder as she's giggling and refusing to go to her bed.