Chapter 6: Family Bonding Time

I woke up to someone breathing on me. Not the best way to wake up. I squinted my eyes open.

"Oh. Good. You're awake." said a voice.

Then, yesterday's memories came back to me. Oh yeah. I'm a mutated person and I'm underwater. This definitely better than puberty I thought sarcastically.

'Hi Mrs. Quake. Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"I was just about to wake you up. I thought we could take you clothes shopping. You will just need to borrow a pair of clothes from Amya for today." Mrs. Quake explained.

"Okay." I responded back.

I got out of bed and went to find Amya. I basically just to follow the sound of her voice though.

"I can't believe I am stuck with living with this girl. She's probably from off the streets. I don't understand why the king or Mako would be interested in her." I heard Amya ranting.

I went inside Amya room to find her talking to a seashell.

"Hi Amya. Your mom said I could borrow some clothes." I stammered.

"Fine. Whatever." she said.

She got up and rummaged through her dresser. She then found something cause she then threw them to me.

I was about to step out the door when I said," Why were you talking to a shell?"

"Don't you know anything? It's called a shellphone. I was talking to my friend Skyler. Now Bye." she exhaustively explained.

After I left I heard Amya say," She just asked why was I talking to a shell! That totally proves she is from the streets Skyler!"

I'm bringing too much attention to myself I thought.

After I got dressed I finally saw what Amya gave me. I was wearing a weird material dyed blue with sea horses drawn on. My skirt was also made of weird material dyed red. No one here wore shoes, so I didn't put any on. I swam out and went to have breakfast.

Mrs. Quake was the first to spot me.

"Sarah, why you look adorable!" Mrs. Quake exclaimed.

I wasn't really sure what to say so I just said,"Um, thanks." and sat down.

Amya snickered.

"Here is some breakfast" Mr. Quake said putting some down on my plate.

I looked down at my food. It was fish stuffed pancakes (I don't even want to know what the ingredients are) and blubber? I'm just for now on not thinking about what they give me to eat I thought. I just went with it and ate it. It was surprisingly good.

After, I finished eating Mrs. Quake said,"Let's go Sarah. I thought Amya could come with us too."

"You can ask a friend to come along dear." Mrs. Quake addressed Amya.

"I'll go call Skyler now." Amya said jumping up.

"Is there anyone you would want to bring along Sarah. I know you haven't been here long, but among the people you do know?" Mrs. Quake suggested.

"I could ask Sabrina. Could I go over and ask?" I questioned.

"Sure. Do you remember where she lives?" Mrs. Quake asked.

"Yeah, I think so." I uncertainly said.

"Okay. You can go over and ask." Mrs. Quake decided.

"Okay. Bye." I said and stood up.

At that moment Amya walked in.

"Where are you going?" she questioned me.

"I'm going over to the Pierce's." I replied.