Chapter Four: An Unlikely Friend

They wandered the forest, making their way onto the city. A thundering shriek came, sounding like a woman being attacked.

They pressed on quickly, but soon were surrounded by fog.

"(They didn't die... They just didn't love you anymore...)"

Shadow growled and roared at the gliding hooded figure.

"THAT'S A LIE!"

She bellowed, but the constant whispers came relentlessly. Noticing she was loosing her grip, she took a deep breath. In which case allowed her to focus, and dodge a near fatal slice to her neck.

"(They hated you so much... They faked their own deaths...)"

"Banshee!"

Euphoria drew her bow and arrows. To anyone it would appear she was shooting randomly at the base of the trees. Quickly using a knife she cut her thumb and slapped the ground. She had linked all the arrows by string, creating a summuning circle.

She had stored siphoned gasoline from an abandoned military transport. Shadow knew it was time to go as soon as the gasoline started coming in the form of a mist. Then she took cover as she lit a match, catching anything in the mist on fire.

The creature shrieked in pain, but survived the fire. The forest however was burning, the flames roared as smoke replaced the fog. The banshe was coughing, and was pelted by falling branches covered in fire.

"Smokes not the same as fog, huh? You asshole."

She raised her bandana to ward off some smoke and drew her bow once more. This time was different, every arrow she shot was lit on fire by a nearby flame.

"I sure hope you're a big fan of johny cash, because you're not getting out of this ring of fire."

She shot the spectre repeated like until she ran out of arrows.The banshe noticed her quiver was emptied and wailed loudly enough to daze her. Luckily, she had looted the corpses of the dead soldiers at arianne's.

She pulled out a flash bang, and threw it at the banshee. The banshee had become blinded and deafened, as Euphoria charged with a flaming branch at hand.Right before she struck the final blow, a powerful gust of wind blew them both against a tree.

"Winds that blow to the water's flow, your power onto me bestow. Hurricane level three!"

A miniature hurricane started to whip them with debris and miscellaneous objects. When it was gone, Euphoria took a quick glance before she passed out.

She awoke three seconds to see the fire was completely gone and a tall figure stand over them.When she came to, she saw a man with feathered silver hair. He quickly froze the banshee solid, and sliced it in half with one swift motion of his sword.

Pointing his sword at her, he began to walk slowly towards her. Placing the tip of the sword under her chin, he made her stand up slow.

"How do you like threatening women? Big man for such a bony ass freak."

Normally she'd have picked her words carefully, but she noticed shadow lurking in the shades. She stalked him until she found his blindside,

"Take him."

Shadow leapt into action, tackling him from the left side. She took out her survival knife and walked towards him, her muscles aching from the hurricane's beating. She knelt down and put the knife to his throat in kind.

"Hahaha.... I guess it's your turn now, murderer."

Shadow readjusted herself to scare him lifeless, by roaring as loud as she can at his face.

"Reach for that sword one more time, and what you said might just come true."

"You've already killed the trees."

With a puzzled look she withdrew the knife.

"THAT'S what you're upset about?! THAT'S why you tried to kill me?!"

"I'm the forest guardian."

"The lorax?"

"No. My name's vincent."

"Whatever you crazy tree hugging freak, we have police and park rangers for that."

"Ninety years, not once have I seen a human patrol these woods."

"Quit your bullshit, you look twenty-six." Vincent had a foul expression, waiting for the discrimination hes accustomed to.

"I'm a half-elf you dumb bitch, never seen one or are you just being racist like the rest."

"The fuck are you on about?"

"My father was human and my mother was elven. If you're from this world, surely you know ours converged with yours."

Euphoria kicked dirt onto the summoning circle he tried to draw with his finger.

"If what you say is true, then how did they comverge?"

"how the hell should I know? Enough, if you're going to kill me, do it."

"What if I want to keep talking?"

"Typical women..."

"I don't want to kill you in cold blood, but you're forcing my hand here..."

"Then order your pet to do so, and quit wasting my time!"

"Woah... Calm down. I don't kill unless necessary, and the banshee could pass through trees. Meaning I'd have nothing to kill it with."

"Then let me go."

"I'll let you go, if you promise not to do something you'll regret, I'm not in the mood to kill."

Shadow let him up, but both were on guard when he reached for the sword,

"relax, I'm sheathing it."

"Alright.... By the way... Since I let you go, the least you could do is teach me that magic you used-"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you burnt my forest and threatened to kill me!"

"In kind... I also said I was sorry... In other words, but nonetheless."

"Fine, but only because its getting dark and you won't survive the night."