Chapter Seven: Darkness' Embrace

Vincent awoke to find himself full of minor burns all over his body. Euphoria had been rubbing ointment on his arm, he smiled weakly at her.

"What... What happened... To the demon."

She looked down, exhaled deeply and looked him in the eye.

"Nothing, he left after thrashing you..."

"I'm... Not stupid... Explain... Fast.."

"All he did was tell me his plan, I swear."

Even in his weakened state, he knew something was up.

"Look, here's the truth... I made a deal with Antares to get my family back. I'm not proud-"

"You would... trust a demon?..."

She remained silent., fully knowing his hatred for demons would not make him understand. She decided to keep the terms of their contact secret form Vincent.

"I told you that my mother was kidnapped, and my father was killed-"

"I understand... But... There were better ways..."

"My world had no magic before this! This was the only way!"

He hated that she was right, but he also knew her pain.

"Under that book case... Is a book I've written... Can't teach... Need slee-..."

He passed out once more from the pain, it's gotten even stronger. She didnt know what to do, what's worse is that she began to care for him. Her sole reason to be here was training in magic, but now she has this dilema.

"I can't very well leave you like this..."

She dragged his unconscious body to a an area with more sunlight. She was reminded of his curse, and the aid of the sun. She could not do more for him, because every medical treatments started to lose all effectiveness.

Euphoria hoped maybe the book had something that would heal him, however slim the chances were.

"My Interpretation To Advanced Magic."

Again she began to read reluctantly, but this time she did so for his sake as well.Shadow had gone out to hunt and kill sometime. Euphoria had been busy taking care of Vincent, she hadnt spent much time with her.

It was nice for a change, much of her life she felt like a pet. This was her chance to become the ferocious animal nature intended.

Euphoria read something she found interesting. Magic itself is not dangerous like most believe, it is influenced by the beholder. Nor is it evil by nature.

There are even low level flame spells that are incapable of burning anything. Thus the reason for sacrifice in blood in summon, hell, and death magic.

Remarkable people have taken this knowledge and even created new spells, such as shadow magic.

"Blah blah blah... Shadow magic is the ability to manipulate darkness, as both a weapon and shield. Tread lightly on light based spells.. Hmmm...."

The instructions were simple, but she hated that every spell required meditation.

-

Back at the forest, Shadow began to see a pack of wolves running by in her territory. She waited patiently for an opportunity to take them out one by one. Of course she had stolen the territory from them, a little retaliation wasn't a surprise.

She lurked in the trees, and saw the alpha break away from the pack.Quickly she lept from branch to branch, till she jumped off the final one. Tackling the alpha down and ripping its throat out.