Enter The Shadowraven

Azriel walked down the street. He had shrunk his wings into his back, just so nobody could freak out and call either the cops or the government. He turned at an alley, deep in thought. So deep in thought, that he didn't notice the man and his gang.

"Stay where you are, kid, or things will get bloody real quick" he threatened. Azriel merely chuckled. "Why should I fear someone who sticks to the darkness and won't fight me in light?" he asked. The man was taken by surprise at the boy's words.

"W-what did you say, punk?" he snarled. "The truth" replied Azriel. The man advanced, a knife in his hands. Azriel summoned his sword, a wicked blade that shone with a merciless light. "Stand back, fool" Azriel warned. Azriel had stopped acting like himself ever since he discovered his ancestry. No more acting like a child. He would be like his ancestors.

The thug and his gang took a step back when they saw the blade. "Scared of The Drakensang?" Azriel asked mockingly. The thug charged in anger, switching his knife for a pistol. He fired a shot, which was quickly deflected by Azriel and his sword. That's impossible, the thug thought. No human can move that fast! Azriel smiled at the thug's confusion.

He stepped back, letting his rage and hate out in an energy blast. A dark aura surrounded the thug and he screamed. The screaming suddenly stopped, as if something had gagged him. The aura field disappeared, leaving behind nothing.

"B-boss! What happened to our boss?" asked a gang member. Azriel looked over. "Somewhere in the Masedora region is my guess" he said calmly. The gang stepped back, horror in their face. That region was a myth, where even the most terrifying criminals would wet their pants. It was a region inhabited by demons and monsters that would slay a man with no mercy and then feast on his dying corpse.

"Who are you?!" asked another man. "Me? I am..." Azriel faltered. He hadn't thought of a name. He heard a voice in his head, telling him what to do. "My name is Shadowraven. I am a hero that patrols this city. I fear nothing" he said. He stared at the gang, pure rage in his stare. "Run. Now" he said, his voice low and menacing. The gang ran off, pure terror in their eyes.

Azriel stared at the gang, running in fear. He smiled. He knew what to do now. "I'm sorry, mother. I will still keep my name, but I shall go by something else. I am still Azriel, but I shall be known as Shadowraven. Forgive me, mother" he whispered into the night.

He thought of wings again, and they erupted from his back. He felt no pain. He flew off into the night. He knew what he had to do. He had to assemble a team. There were more descendants, more heroes. He needed to find them. Fast.