Chapter three- meeting the rest of the gang

Merida DunBroch sat on the grass, polishing her bow. She looked up at the clear blue sky, and wondered for the umpteenth time where Jack had gone off to. "Do ya think he's gone and forgotten about us?" She asked.

"Who knows? Maybe he ditched us." Flynn Rider yawned, stretching.

Hiccup shook his head. "He's probably held up by something..." He muttered.

Merida sighed. "Yeah... Hey, where's the wee little guy?" She asked.

"Toothless?" Hiccup asked.

Flynn snorted in laughter. "You're calling that dragon a 'wee little guy'?" He laughed.

Merida scowled at him. "Uh, I think he should be somewhere inside the forest right now..." Hiccup said. "I don't really know."

"Wow. Great job misplacing your dragon, Haddock." Flynn said, leaning against the tree. "How did you do it?"

Merida grit her teeth. "Do you want to become a target for my arrows, Rider?" She asked, holding her bow.

Flynn smirked at her. "No thanks, princess." He teased.

She drew her bow, aiming at his head. "I said, do NOT call me princess." She said.

"Um...Merida?" Hiccup called. "I don't think turning him into a arrow filled target might be a good idea."

She shot a glare at him. "What, are ya on his side now?"

"No, of course not!" Hiccup said. "It's just that...Jack might not like it."

She sighed. "Good point." She said. "Congratulations, Rider. You don't become a target. Yet." She glared at him one last time. "Where is Jack anyway?!" She yelled.

"Hey, Merida!" Jack yelled, swooping over her. She yelled, already letting loose an arrow before she even thought properly. "Merida!" Hiccup shouted. The arrow missed Jack by a hair.

"Jack FROST!!!" Merida shouted. "What in the name of Mor'du did you think you were doing?!"

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." Jack smirked.

"Where were you anyway? You said you were going to be back by morning." Hiccup said.

"I was visiting a friend." He said.

"Really?" Flynn raised an eyebrow. "Jack Frost has friends other than Hiccup-who-lost-his-dragon and little miss princess here?" Merida turned her glare at him.

"Speaking of my friend, guys, I would like you to introduce you to her." He said. "Rapunzel? You can come out now."

She walked out hesitantly, looking at them. "Hi?" She said timidly, hiding behind Jack. "Um..I'm Rapunzel. Nice to meet you?"

Merida walked up to her. "Hiya, 'punzel!" She grinned. "I'm Merida DunBroch. Nice to meet ya!" Rapunzel smiled at her, walking out from behind Jack. Merida looked at her, her eyes trailing along her long, long, long hair. "Yer hair's.... Pretty long." She said.

Rapunzel laughed. "Yeah." She said.

"Punzie here has never cut her hair before." Jack explained.

Hiccup got up, walking over. "I'm Hiccup." He said. "Nice to meet you."

Rapunzel looked at Flynn, who was standing agape. "And who is that?" She asked.

Flynn cleared his throat, walking over. "Hey." He smirked. "Name's Flynn Rider." Merida rolled her eyes. Hiccup did the same.

"Hi! I'm Rapunzel." She smiled brightly.