Six- flying with a Night Fury. And Jack.

So, in the end, Hiccup agreed to follow them to the kingdom. But there was just one slight, tiny detail.

"AWMIGAWD! I can't believe I actually agreed to this!" Flynn shouted over the wind as he clung onto the dragon for dear life. "I know!" Merida screamed. "This. Is. AWESOME!!" She sat behind Hiccup, who was steering. She seemed to be enjoying the ride immensely. "WHOOOHOOO!!"

"Geez, princess, you couldn't have tied your hair back before we got on?!" Flynn yelled, battling to keep the crazy red locks out of his face.

Jack laughed, perched on his staff. "Hey, Punzie! You enjoying the ride?" He asked. Rapunzel was sitting on the staff with him. She nodded excitedly. "Great! Hang on!" Jack grinned a grin that screamed mischief. The staff flew faster, doing crazy loops and flips. "JACK!! You're gonna make me fall off!" Rapunzel half screamed.

Jack looked at her. "As long as I'm around, you're not going to be falling anytime soon, Punz." He said. "I'll never let you fall." He smiled. "As long as you believe in me, I'm never gonna let anything happen to you. I promise."

"I'll never stop believing in you, Jack." Rapunzel promised, smiling. "Ever." Jack smiled wider. "Thanks, Punz." He said.

"JACK!!" Hiccup shouted. "UP AHEAD!!"

They all looked. "Oh...uh oh." Jack said, frowning. Merida reached for her bow. "We're in trouble." He said. "Punz, you might wanna climb onto Toothless." Rapunzel nodded, and Flynn helped her onto the dragon.

"Hic, you go on ahead." Jack said, gripping his staff. "I'll deal with it."

"But Jack-" Merida protested. Jack shot her a glance. "No." He said firmly. "Go. Hurry." He glanced at Rapunzel. "Whatever happens," he looked ahead. "Don't look back."

"Jack, wait!" Rapunzel yelled, but Jack had flown off towards the black cloud up ahead. A cloud of black sand.

Pitch.