Twelve- lanterns

"Where are we going?" Rapunzel giggled as Jack led her down the path. Jack smiled at her. "You'll see." He said.

"Where did Hic and the others go anyway?" She asked, looking around.

"I think they went to one of the local pubs...." Jack said uncertainly. "But I'm not really sure. Come on, we're almost there." He said.

She looked around. "Why are we getting into a boat?" She asked.

"Well, it's your birthday, isn't it? Only the best for the birthday girl." He grinned, getting into the boat. He reached out a hand, helping her get on. "Come on, it'll be starting soon." He said, rowing the boat out across the clear waters of the lake.

"What will be starting soon?" She asked.

"What else?" He smirked. "Look, it's started."

She looked up at the castle. A single lantern floated through the sky, and her eyes widened. She scrambled up to the front of the boat, almost tipping the boat over in the process. Jack grabbed the side of the boat, trying not to fall into the water. Rapunzel was completely distracted by the lanterns as more and more of them began to float up and light up the night sky.

"It's so beautiful..." She breathed.

Jack smiled, watching as she smiled up at the sight of the many lanterns in the sky. She looked so happy, and he was glad that he was able to have helped her be able to fulfil her dream of seeing the lanterns.

She looked so beautiful when she smiled like that.

He blinked. Wait, what was he even thinking? Did he really feel that way about Rapunzel? Maybe Flynn was right about that. Ok, he was sure he was going crazy now, because he'd just admitted that Flynn could be right about something. (Flynn: Ouch.)

"Jack?" Rapunzel called, and he snapped back into reality. "You ok?"

"Yeah, just fine." He smiled. "What happened to all the lanterns?"

"They floated off already." She said sadly.

He looked at her. "If you want, we could go for a ride, chase after them." He offered. "Whatever you want."

"Nah...It's ok." She said.

"Ok." Jack shrugged. He stopped, looking at the island behind Rapunzel. Strands of black sand...? "Punzie, I need to go check on something." He said, standing up. "Could you stay here?"

She looked at him. "I'm going with you." She said. He looked ready to protest, but he knew from the expression on her face that it wouldn't do anything to change her mind about it. "Fine." He said.

////////////////

Yay, I updated! Finally had a chance to update.... Exams will be over in a week, so don't expect anything else so soon, kays? Thanks for reading!