Chapter 2

-dailydose was so amazing and made a cover for this story! :) (cover above) Thank you Love! :)

Written by EdnaAlicePine :P

C H R I S T I A N

After meeting Atticus, the kid I have to tutor, it was hard to concentrate during practice. I missed more than two catches, and I irritated Coach so much he made me sit out for the last half hour of practice left.

I started to jog to the locker rooms to shower and change when practice ended when I heard Sam, my best friend, who's also a linebacker, call out, "Chris! Man, wait up!" He jogged up a little faster to catch up.

Ripping his helmet off his head, he shook his sweaty hair out. "Dude, what the hell was that?"

I look at him innocently, "What was what?"

He gave me the don't-give-me-that-shit look and I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Mr. Green is making me tutor someone." I said, getting right to the point because I knew he wouldn't let it go if I didn't.

His eyebrows raise, and he frowns. "Well, that's not that bad, right? Is that really what you were worried about?"

I shook my head, moving slightly to the side as we pushed through the locker room doors, sighing when the air conditioning encompassed us. "No, it's just that.." I pause and look around, just in case someone's attention was on us. I lowered my voice anyway. "You know I can't let him come to my house. What if he thinks it's weird that we always study at his house?"

He smirked, "His house?"

I glared at him, despite the heat entering my cheeks, "That's seriously all that you get out of that?"

He rolls his eyes, "Okay, it's not all I got out of it, I just particularly noticed that one fact." He says, smirking.

I shake my head, believing his silence to mean he let it go when he speaks. "So... who is it? What's his name? What's he like? Is he likeable -"

"Sam! It's only Atticus, from Greene's class, okay? Cool it." I interrupted, now rolling my eyes.

He looked at me incredulously,"Only Atticus from Greene's class? Are you freaking kidding me? He's like the perfect amount of cute and sexy in one amazing package-" He cuts himself off, clearing his throat. "I-I mean, even I admit he's attractive, and I'm not even gay."

I stared at him for a moment. "Yeah.. that little monolouge right there made that very convincing, Sam." I shook my head.

Sam stared back at me blankly. "Okay, so I notice how attractive he is," I start, but before the smirk on his face can be completed, I rush out,"But that doesn't mean anything! He is forever only the kid I tutor, okay? Get it into your thick skull, Sam."

He shrugged, as if he already let it go. "Yeah, sure. Just don't come crying to me when you fall hopelessly in love with him and your personality isn't enough to win him over and you need me to help you."

I scowled. "No offense, -no, actually full offense, Sam- the last time I actually listened to your advice ended with me getting the first and last slaps in the face by not only the girl, but also my mom!"

He winced, but a laugh still escaped his lips. "Yeah... still not sorry about that. But, dude. Atticus isn't one to go around telling people other people's business, and he's definently not someone to start rumors. He's harmless, okay?" He said, now serious.

Frowning, I wondered if what Sam was saying would be true.

Would we become close enough to the point where I would trust him to know about how my life at home? And would he accept me, all of me?

I shook my head, getting rid of the thoughts now jumping around in my head.

Maybe..maybe we'll even become friends.