Chapter 6 *Teaser*

Written by EdnaAlicePine

Sort of a teaser.. I want you guys to suffer until Friday :)

C H R I S T I A N

The phone rang once, twice, before a tired voice came through. "Hello?"

I rubbed my forehead, wincing when my the skin stretched across my swollen knuckles painfully. "Uh, yeah, Atticus? It's Christian.

A shuffle, and then- "Oh, uh, did we have a turoing session scheduled that I forgot about? Or-"

"No, no.. I just.. I kinda need you to pick me up?"

"Okay, from where?"

"The uh- well, the nurse's office at our school."

"What?? Why?"

"Just.. could you just get here? I don't wanna tell you over the phone..,"

"Uh, yeah, of course, just.. are you hurt?"

"No, no. I'm fine."

[ONE HOUR EARLIER]

Walking away from Atticus, I narrow my eyes at the group ahead of me.

You see, I knew Atticus was mistreated, I just never got the chance the see who it was and.. put a stop to it.

Casually, I let my bookbag drop to the floor, announcing my presence in the echoing hallway. They easily outnumber me, with four to their group and mine just, well just me.

But I wasn't going to let someone I know be bullied or mistreated like I didn't care.

They approach me, noticing my stare, and obviously disliking it, from the suspicious "What's up?" They threw my way.

I shrug, eyeing all of them closely so I can remember thier faces. "Oh nothing. Just... wondering if you guys know an Atticus? He goes to this school..," When they start shaking thier heads dumbly, I step forward, now within arms reach, my voice getting harsher with every word.

"Really? Because you guys seem to be very well aquainted, right? I mean, I see you with him all the time. Having fun chasing him, calling him names, bullying him." I said, narrowing my eyes at them.

The guy in the front nods, a dark smirk coming across his lips. "Ya know, now that you mention it, I think I know who your talking about. He's short right? Cute, too, and with that nice ass of his I wouldn't mind-"

I lunge forward, punching him in the face twice in a row, unable to control myself. The others lunged forward also, and I managed to knock two more out before the last one kicked me in the stomach, making me gasp out, the breath leaving my lungs.

Wiping the blood from under my mouth, I beckon him closer with my hands, shaking my head clear. "Come on."