Chapter 2: Doctor Diaval

Maleficent had been sleeping for the better part of four hours, though this did nothing to ease Diaval's worry for her. Suuddenly she was awoken by an excruciating stomach cramp, accompanied with nausea that made her head spin. Confused and unable to move quickly enough, Diaval took charge and gently flipped her onto her side, supporting her weight and allowing her body to empty it's self.

When her body relaxed enough, Maleficent croaked a question to Diaval, " what's wrong with me?"

Diaval wanted reasure her as best he could, "It's just a touch of the flu, Mistress."

Prince Phillip, who was returning from an overnight visit to a neighboring kingdom, was making his way through the Moors. He had promised Aurora he would visit Maleficent and deliver an invitation to their upcoming wedding. He stopped almost immediately when he stumbled across the ill looking maleficent and worry struck Diaval. Jumping off his steed he strode over to the pair ready to assist his beloved ' S Godmother.

In Maleficent's disoriented state, she noticed a large man coming towards her. Flashbacks of the treacherous night when Stephen stole her beautiful wings began invading her mind. Diaval felt her body tensing ready to run.

"Mistress no, please relax. It's prince Phillip, he wants to help."

"How fair is the lady of the Moors?" Prince Phillip asked, very concerned.

Diaval rubbed gentle circles on his Mistress's back to keep her calm.

"She's come down with the flu. Barley slept a wink, all night." Diaval quietly explained.

Prince Phillip kept his distance while checking Maleficent's symptoms.

"We should take her to the castle where she'll be more comfortable. We would have better supplies to treat her as well. Phillip suggested.

"It's too risky to move her and the castle might cause her too much distress in her fragile state."

"I was on my way home, stopping here to deliver the invitation mine and Princess Aurora's wedding. I'll go straight to the castle to tell Aurora and one of us will come back with supplies immediately."

With that Prince Phillip jumped back on his steed and raced back to the kingdom on a mission.