Chapter 4: Trust

As much as Aurora wanted to stay and watch over her dear godmother, she had to get back to the castle as her wedding was only a few weeks away. Reluctantly she left while Maleficent was still fast asleep. Diaval felt more relaxed than he had in the past 24 hours, watching his mistress and knowing she wasn't in too much pain.

Diaval lost track of time, he couldn't look away from Maleficent's peaceful face. Slowly she began to stir awake, her body needing to relieve itself. Maleficent avoided eye contact with Diaval, embarrassed by her need to use the washroom and knowing she was still too weak to go alone.

Diaval, still watching Maleficent closely, noticed she was looking towards the bushes, used by the creatures of the Moors as a makeshift bathroom. Not wanting to further embarrass her, Diaval lifted his Mistress up and began walking towards the bushes. Stubborn as ever, Maleficent fought her way out of his arms and weakly shoved him, only to stumble backwards herself.

"Mistress please don't be silly, you've seen me naked, this can't be any worse than than that." Diaval soothed.

Maleficent wasn't convinced though, still incredibly embarrassed, as she continued to push him away.

"Maleficent, that's enough! Quit being stubborn and let me help you!" Diaval demanded.

Maleficent's jaw nearly hit the ground when she heard Diaval use her first name. The look on Diaval's face told his Mistress he meant business and she Reluctantly gave in, allowing him to support her weight while her body emptied itself.

Maleficent watched Diaval closely, noticing how gently he held her and how he made an effort to look away, giving her some privacy in this intimate moment. She was so confused, maybe he really did care about her as he said. Why else would he take such great care of her and not expect anything in return? She couldn't help but notice how handsome he was, she had never paid much attention to his physical appearance. Maleficent was pulled out of her thought by the horrid ache in her stomach as her body was ill.

Once Maleficent was cleaned up and felt better, Diaval scooped her up in his arms. This time she didn't fight him, she felt safe and warm in his arms, not wanting to be anywhere else. Diaval tried to lower his Mistress onto the bed but she held onto his arm as tightly as she could. "Please." She whispered. Knowing what she wanted, Diaval lowered himself back onto the bed bringing his Mistress with him. Maleficent tucked her head in the crook of his neck, snuggling into his warmth.

"I never thought I'd feel this way after Stephen stole my wings but I feel so peaceful and calm with you around. You pushed your way into my heart, Diaval."

Diaval could barely believe his ears, "This better not be the cough syrup talking." He teased.

"No Diaval. I, the great and powerful Maleficent, protector of the Moors, have fallen in love with a bird."

Smiling down at his Mistress, "Do you wanna know a secret?" He asked.

Maleficent nodded yes.

"I love you too, Mistress. Always have and always will."

Maleficent couldn't help the smile that spread over her face. She fell back asleep, dreaming of her beautiful bird.