Stupid Midgardian Technology

Request for EllaMarie14

Thor let out a loud, irritated growl, tossing the small rectangular piece of plastic and metal to the floor. It landed on the carpet with a thump, sitting innocently on the floor as though it hadn't spent the last two hours infuriating the god.
"Thor?" you called, knocking on the door to your shared room. You had your own room down the hall, but since your relationship with the blond had blossomed beyond friendship, you opted for spending most nights in his room.
"Come in, Lady (y/n)," he sighed. You pushed the door open and found him pouting on the bed, thick arms crossed and his brand new cell phone lying motionlessly on the floor.
You bit back a smile. "Troubles with Midgardian technology again?"
He continued to pout, looking down at his lap. "Yes."
You let out a soft giggle as you crossed the threshold into his room and sat down beside him on his bed. "What was it this time?"
"This thing called a 'cell phone'," Thor groaned, gesturing to the plastic on the ground. "The Man of Iron acquired it for me so that we may communicate with each other more conveniently, but I cannot program it!"
You reached down and grasped the phone, holding it in your hands before rolling your eyes. Of course Tony would give Thor a complicated touch-screen iPhone. "It's not your fault, love," you noted, kissing his cheek. "Tony just gave you a complicated phone."
"Can you help?" he asked softly, looking like an overgrown blond puppy.
"Sure," you smiled. You scooted higher on the bed, settling back against the pillows beside him. You leaned against his side as you slid your thumb across the screen, unlocking it.
"Alright," you began. "iPhones have a software called Siri. You tap this button," your thumb pressed the screen, "and it activates. Then you can ask it questions like where a place is or anything you want. You can even hold conversations with it."
"Like JARVIS?" he compared, taking the phone from your hand.
"Kinda," you nodded. "JARVIS is a little more updated than Siri, but yes."
He nodded in understanding, tapping icons and asking you what they meant. You explained text messages, phone conversations, email, and web browsing. You also told him that he could put music on it to listen to, but that was a process for another time.

From then on, he went to you with all of his Midgardian technology problems. Most of said problems emanated from his iPhone, which he often refused to use unless you were there to assist him. You found it cute, like a puppy that can't figure out why the hamster won't come out of the ball. So you willingly helped, spending many a night curled up with the god on his bed, teaching him what the different buttons did.
Of course, he had problems with other modern inventions. The TV set was very workable until Tony hooked up an entertainment system with five other consoles connected to the same TV, making you have to change the input channel for each device and infuriating the god. He often yelled at the screen, demanding to know why it wasn't obeying the Son of Odin. During such times, you'd sit beside him and show him which button he needed to press. You'd then curl into his side as he calmed down and accompany him in watching whatever movie he'd been arguing with.

Kitchen appliances weren't the blond's friends either. He'd discovered the hard way that soup bubbled over when you heated it up too long and that sticking a fork in the toaster was not the solution when the PopTarts got stuck and wouldn't come out. He'd also learned that baking was nowhere near as enjoyable when you refused to use oven mitts and burned your hand once on the oven rack and a second time on the glass pan that held the brownies you were trying bake. He may be a god, and it may take more effort than most to injure him, but prolonged contact with a four-hundred degree oven did a good amount of damage.
So the better part of your afternoon was spent instructing your technology-challenged boyfriend to hold a bag of ice while you cut up the brownies.

You sat on the couch in the main living room, an Xbox controller in your hands and your eyes glued to the TV screen. Your thumb pressed a button automatically, your character swinging her chainsaw around her body like a ballerina, beheading every zombie in arm's reach. You let out a triumphant yell as you passed the level, the game auto saving as you reached for your drink on the coffee table. Footsteps thumped gently on the carpeted floor as the next level started. You didn't have time to see who your visitor was as you were sent to save citizens from the apocalypse.
The cushion beside you dipped as weight was added, and a large arm wrapped around your shoulders. You smiled and snuggled into the warmth at your side, thumbs furiously pressing buttons in order to not be eaten by the zombies. Your boyfriend watched as your excitement grew – another level passed!
You looked up at him as the game saved, stealing a kiss as his arm tightened around you. He kissed your forehead as the next level started up. Before you could begin his hand covered yours, pressing the "pause" button. Your brows furrowed in confusion as you looked up at him.
"Teach me?" he asked softly. You grinned and reached up to peck his cheek.
"Of course."
And so the day was spent cuddling on the couch, teaching Thor how to use the Xbox.