The Morning After

The Morning After

Request for Miriam Thordottir Lazaro

A/N: Co-written by Blossom.

"I was thinking, him and the reader go out drinking and the reader gets a bit too much, or well.... More than too much.. And the next day she has the worst hangover and Thor takes care of her and is just really cute and helpful."

You threw your head back and downed another shot, humming as the fruity liquid burned your throat pleasantly. Your head spun when you tilted it back down, setting the empty shot glass on the bar. You surprised yourself by how much you drank. You normally despised alcohol, especially in public where people could judge you. But you'd been so stressed lately that you were desperate for a distraction, and spending the night drinking with your Asgardian boyfriend sounded like the perfect solution.

You finished the glass you had and refilled it. Thor smiled from beside you, happy to see you enjoying yourself, and letting free the stress of the week. He had been trying to get you to relax.
You downed yet another shot, a buzzed giggle falling from your lips. You put the glass down and looked at the mirror behind the bar, fluffing up your already tussled hair.
"Hey Thor?" you slurred, smiling at your Asgardian. He looked over with a small smile on his lips.
"Do you want to dance?" you asked, tripping over your own feet as you hopped off the bar stool and took a step towards him. Thor caught you, gently balancing you on your feet.
"Lady (Y/N), are you sure you're okay to dance?" Thor inquired, concern evident in his face. You let out another giggle.
"Of course I am, now let's go have fun!" you yelled, dragging out the 'n' with a soft slur.
Thor shook his head with a sigh but followed you out into the small gathering of people. He grabbed your hand, steadying you again as you stumbled.
"Thanks," you grinned, reaching out and placing your hand on the god's chest, your other draping over his shoulder in an awkward and uncomfortable position. Thor raised a brow before wrapping his arms around your waist as you began to dance. It was clumsy and slow and not very rhythmic, but it was enough for drunk you to enjoy. A nagging voice in the back of your mind told you that you would have the worst hangover tomorrow, but at the moment, you didn't care, too caught up in being close to Thor, your arms wrapped around him, swaying to the beat of whatever crappy club music was playing. You pulled him in for a sloppy drunken kiss, nearly falling into him as you tried to stand on your toes to reach him better. He chuckled in response, his hands on your hips to steady you, letting you dance the night away and planning to take care of you the next morning.

The sun was obnoxiously bright as it shone through the translucent curtains, casting a warm glow over the dim room. A groan fell from your lips as you clutched your pounding head, trying to block out the sun's rays. Your own voice added weight to your headache and you rolled onto your side, pulling the covers up over your head, wanting nothing more than to sleep the day away.

Thor sauntered into the room with a glass of water in one hand and a few different medicine bottles in the other. He smiled softly at your current state of being curled up under the blanket. He set the water and pills down on the bedside table before sitting on the edge of the bed, placing a hand gingerly on your arm. You relaxed at the feeling, knowing exactly who it was, and wondering why you hadn't noticed his absence until now.

"How are you feeling?" he murmured, surprisingly quiet given how loud his speaking voice generally was.

All you could manage in response was another groan and burrowing yourself further into the warm darkness your blankets provided. Thor chuckled softly beside you, his hand migrating to your hair, gently petting your tangled locks.

"I've brought some medicine to help you," he whispered. He rose from the bed and walked around it, sitting on your other side so you wouldn't have to face the light to look at him. He helped you sit up, letting you lean against him in your tired state. He poured a couple of aspirins into his hand and offered them to you, followed by the glass of water. You downed the pills and most of the liquid before handing the glass back to him and collapsing into his chest. He returned the glass and the bottles to the bedside table before lying down, bringing you down with him. You hummed softly at the chance to use him as a pillow, draping an arm over his abdomen and burrowing your face into his neck. One arm wrapped around your back while the other rested on your face, alternating between caressing your cheek and finger combing your hair.

"How do you not feel like this?" you asked softly. "You drank at least as much as I did."

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to your head. "Asgardians have a high alcohol tolerance, and Midgardian drinks are like water compared to Asgardian ale. It would take most of a Midgardian liquor store to get me drunk, love."

"S'not fair," you murmured, curling tighter against him.

"I'm sorry," he replied. "We don't have to do anything today. We can lie in bed and watch movies."

You nodded, feeling the familiar pull of sleep as you relaxed against the space heater that was your Asgardian boyfriend.

"I love you," you whispered, tilting your head up to press a kiss to his stubble-covered jaw.

"I love you too, Lady (y/n)," he smiled, turning his head to kiss your forehead. You tilted your head back to look at him, nudging his cheek with your nose. He caught on quickly and dipped his head, capturing your lips in a warm, comforting kiss. You hummed softly against his mouth before he pulled away. You then returned your head to his neck and held him close, falling to sleep in his arms.