He Ate My Heart

He Ate My Heart

Request for AwesomeBesties

"The reader is Clint's sister and she goes live with the Avengers. She develops a crush on Thor but doesn't want to tell him. Tony pushes her to tell Thor and when she does, he tells her that he doesn't return the feelings. Thing is, all the Avengers saw the rejection and they try to help her get over Thor."

"Come on," Tony insisted as he poured himself a cup of coffee. You were seated at the breakfast bar, sipping your own steaming mug of wake-up juice.

"'Come on' what?" you replied, playing dumb as you nibbled on your toast.

He rolled his eyes and sat across from you. "You know what, (y/n). Talk to Thor. I bet it'll work out in your favor."

"You hear how he talks about her, Tony," you answered softly. "Jane Foster. The pretty scientist from New Mexico. I'm not important to him. He'd much rather be with her. What do I have to offer him that's better?"

He smiled sympathetically at you, quiet for once. "You won't know until you try. Maybe he's having this exact conversation with Jane. Maybe she's telling him to confess his undying love to you."

You ignored the blush on your cheeks and extinguished the flame of hope that sparked in your chest. "I doubt it. They're probably having lunch or watching a movie, all cozy and happy and not caring at all what I'm doing."

Tony groaned at your dramatic reply. "Just talk to him. It's worth a shot."

Tony continued to press you into confessing your feelings to the god for the next few weeks. He broached the subject every chance he could, slipping it into everyday conversation or casually asking "how'd it go with Thor? Have you talked yet?"

You finally conceded. You had to know once and for all if you had a chance with the handsome blond.

You found him in the main rec room in the Tower, chatting with the others. "Thor?" you called shyly, suddenly very nervous about your decision. "Can I talk to you?"

Thor looked up at you and nodded, a friendly smile on his lips. He rose from the couch and followed you into the kitchen at the other end of the room.

"What can I do for you, Lady (y/n)?" he asked sweetly, and you melted at his smile.

"I have to tell you something," you murmured. He stared at you intently, and you took in a deep breath. "I... have romantic feelings for you..."

His smile faltered and your heart began to crumble. When he looked down at the floor, your heart raced in fear.

"I am flattered," he began softly. "But my heart belongs to Jane. I'm sorry."

With that, he turned and left the kitchen, heading down the hallway. Your heart felt like a dozen icy daggers had pierced it, and all you wanted to do was crumble to the ground and cry. So you turned on your heel and ran to your room. Unbeknownst to you, all of the Avengers had turned their attention to your conversation and had witnessed the rejection.

They all came to console you in your room later that night. Clint brought ice cream, Natasha brought some movies, and Tony bought you a giant stuffed animal.

"I'm so sorry," Clint murmured, sitting beside you and wrapping his arms around you. He had always been there when you went through a breakup.