Happy New Year

Happy New Year
Request for Miriam Thordottir
A/N: This is gonna be a long note. This wasn't the next one requested, but I've been wanting to do a New Year's story and this was the first holiday one requested, so I wanted to write it first.
So as I said, I'm limiting my requests. I won't be taking Steve, Fury, or Phil for a while. Steve because there have been so many, and Fury and Phil because I don't know their characters enough. I won't take any more Ultron, either.
I also won't do character death. Almost dying is fine, dying and coming back is fine, being in the hospital and not knowing if you're going to die is fine, but I personally don't like reading one shots where the reader or the love interest officially dies, so I'm not going to write them.
I've saved three guest requests because none of you have been informed, but after those three, I'm no longer taking "guest" requests. I'm on Wattpad, FanFiction.net, Quotev, and DeviantArt. When you comment as a guest on FF.net I can't reply to you whatsoever to say yes or no or to talk to you about your request. So from now on you have to have an account on one of those websites to request. I'm also on Tumblr (diy-daisy) so you could ask there too.
It's exhausting trying to track down every request so I can remember the details, so I've started saving them with the request. I've decided to keep the request in the beginning of the story, because I personally like knowing what the story is about before I read it.
"Maybe a one-shot where the Avengers are having dinner together and Tony decides to watch fireworks and the reader runs off scared and Thor comforts her?"

You loved spending time with the Avengers. They'd all become your best friends in the year you'd known them, and they constantly invited you over to the Tower for parties or just to hang out. During that year, you'd become quite smitten with the blond god from Asgard, but you never said a word on the subject. Natasha suspected it, having caught you staring at Thor more times than you cared to admit. She asked you about it once, and when you blushed and immediately changed the subject, she simply smirked and kept the information to herself. She was trustworthy that way.

You'd been invited over for a dinner party. You practically lived at the Tower already, though you still kept your small studio apartment a few blocks away.
You wore a nice dress to the party as Tony had requested that you dress up. It was (f/c) and the top half hugged your body nicely. It had a sweetheart neckline adorned with rhinestones and the skirt was taffeta, fanning out a little bit like a princess dress. It only reached your knees, showing off your lean legs. Your feet were secured in elegant flats with bows just above your toes. You had never been one for high heels. You tied your (h/l) (h/c) hair up in a ponytail and curled the ends to make your hair look thicker. You applied a small amount of mascara and lip stain, not wanting to overdo your makeup.
Tony wolf whistled when you entered the Tower, causing you to blush and roll your eyes. The billionaire was always flirting, not knowing that you had your eye on someone else. While you were chatting with Natasha, you didn't notice a certain god watching your every move.
"Go talk to her," Bruce insisted, nudging Thor's arm.
"I can't," the blond sighed.
"Why not?" the doctor pressed.
"She is the epitome of beauty and goodness. She would not want me."
Bruce chuckled softly. They had come to learn that deep down, Thor was a poet. "Give it a shot. Ask her to dance."
"There is no music," Thor countered.
As if on cue, Tony turned on the stereo and your favorite song blasted through the speakers. A grin crossed your face as you looked at Natasha, who chuckled at your excitement.
Bruce gently pushed Thor's back, nudging him towards you. The god took the hint and gulped, slowly approaching you.
"Lady (y/n)," he greeted rather awkwardly. "You look amazing."
A blush stained your cheeks at the compliment. "Thank you, Thor."
"Would you care to dance? This is your favorite song, is it not?"
You stared up at him in surprise. You didn't know he knew your favorite song. You smiled and nodded, accepting his hand as he led you to the tile dance floor. The party had been for Avengers and friends only, so there were no random girls or press junkies trying to get on Tony's good side. Plus, he was with Pepper now, so there would be no more meaningless nights. You looked around, hoping you weren't the only couple dancing. The fewer the couples, the more eyes watching, and you were nervous enough being so close to Thor. Thankfully, Tony and Pepper were dancing, and to make you feel better, Natasha dragged Clint onto the dance floor.
You looked up at the god with a smile. "How did you know this was my favorite song?"
"You told me some months ago," he replied simply.
You looked at him in awe. "You remember stuff like that?"
"I remember everything you've told me," he said softly. Your heart warmed at the thought that he actually listened to what you said, and you stepped just a little closer.
Your perfect moment was ruined when the song ended and Tony's voice came through the speakers.
"Alright, everyone. It's eleven o' clock. You know what that means!"
You looked around in confusion. You hadn't been there for Tony's last New Year's party.
"Fireworks are starting," Natasha explained. Your heart fell to your stomach and your eyes widened.
The blinds covering the long wall on the other side of the room lifted to reveal a large bay window. Your heart raced as you realized that the window was how everyone was going to watch the fireworks display. Before you could think of an excuse to leave, it began. Loud booming noises sounded, vibrating the floor of the Tower. Everyone cheered at the colorful collage, but tears found your eyes as you looked down at the floor.
The cheering continued and louder noises were heard. You reached up to cover your ears, memories of your childhood flooding back. When you were eight, you were outside in your backyard, watching your family set off fireworks. One of them happened to fly around before exploding into color, and instead of flying in a circle like it was supposed to, it flew straight towards you. It hit you in the leg, the heat from the lit fuse burning your skin and leaving a small mark. You'd let out a cry of pain as your aunt rushed to get some ice. (1)
Tears flowed down your cheeks as you turned on your heel and ran down the hall. You turned and entered the first room you came to, which happened to be Thor's. Without thinking, you curled up on the bed, hugging your knees to your chest and sobbing into them.
The door opened and you hugged yourself tighter. You never told anyone about this fear, and so far it had worked out. You were always alone on New Year's with a bottle of champagne and a movie to drown out the sound of fireworks. You hadn't even thought about it being a New Year's party until a few minutes ago.
"Lady (y/n)?" Thor greeted in concern, his usually loud voice softened to just above a whisper.
You looked up in embarrassment. You hated when people saw you cry, especially over something so childish. "I'm sorry. I just chose the first room I came to. I can leave if you want me to..."
He shook his head, sitting beside you. "I just want to know what's wrong. You were happy when we were dancing. Was it me?"
You shook your head vigorously. "You were wonderful. It's just-" You were cut off as a particularly loud firework exploded.
Thor turned to his window before looking back at you, understanding in his eyes. "It's the fireworks."
It wasn't a question, but you nodded. He scooted closer and wrapped his arms around you. Your surprise melted into fear when another firework sounded, causing you to melt into his embrace and clutch his shirt. Tears stained the fabric on his shoulder though he didn't seem to mind. You could hear the others counting down excitedly.
10
Thor looked at you longingly, one hand holding the back of your head.
9
You tilted your head up to meet his concerned eyes.
8
Desire bubbled to the surface as he looked at you.
7
Your hands rested tentatively on his chest.
6
He rested his forehead on yours, your noses touching.
5
Your eyes fluttered closed as you enjoyed the close proximity.
4
His hand slid down to gently cup your cheek.
3
You could feel his hot breath on your lips.
2
His thumb rubbed soothing circles on your skin, wiping away any stray tears.
1
You both leaned in, lips crashing together. Sparks ignited, but it wasn't the fireworks outside. Your heart leapt and raced and pounded as you held the god close, tangling your fingers in his silky blond hair. His free hand held your waist, keeping you close as you leaned forward, knocking him backwards. He didn't even break the kiss as he caught you, his hand roaming your back and the other fisting in your hair.
You broke apart for air with a smile, resting your forehead on his.
"Happy New Year, Lady (y/n)," he smiled.
You let out a breathy laugh. "Happy New Year, Thor."

(1) I was trying to add a reason for the reader to be afraid. Some people can't handle the loud noise, like my cousin who has to wear ear plugs. That actually happened to me when I was little, the getting hit by a firework part.