Only He Your God!

It had almost arrived Jalandhar. Anuja prompted me to pass her bag she had hidden under my seat. I passed. there were a few from the crowd (mostly men) who deboarded, a few  went down for the sake of some refreshment, a chai, packet of chips, pakoras and other eatables for themselves and their people. Anuja was busy searching for a steel tiffin in her bag which he had finally found. " Yeah! Got it!" She exclaimed softly to herself while unfolding a green towel in which  the box was wrapped carefully to prevent spilling of oil from it. I could guess, it had Aloo Poori  and the classic Mango pickle.

That pungent smell of Mango pickle already smeared into my nose. " Here's for you!" She had rolled one of those Pooris stuffed with cooked potatoes and a pickle and handed me over. It reminded me the way mom used to do it while we used to go out for a trip, specially at granny's.

It wasn't a long halt just five minutes! Those who got down had came back. "

The Shunting of engine could be heard. The train had started crawling and slowly picked up the pace.

"What do you do Kanya?" Anuja asked me while she was packing the bag with last bite in her mouth. "I got Finance Manager in a Multi-national," I replied "They were offering  me a fat package of 4 lacs p.a." Her eyes wide open she asked me,"Why on Earth did you leave such a job?" "Well, I never joined!" I was pained to recall of the reason but I could only offer  her a smile.

She was baffled. I had tears in my eyes of pride and happiness when I was selected for the job. I had immediately called my mom,I couldn't wait for her reaction. She had just ONE answer to honor my efforts,"Ask Koushik, I would suggest, only he must decide for you now!" And within no moment my world came down. I felt cut off from my people now because my decisions were not in their hands any more!"

I had no choice but to see him.

"Hey sweetheart!" I hugged him (though unwillingly) and another moment I stood frozen and mum. My cheeks were burning, he had slapped me hard into my face, so hard that it hit even my nose and it bled.

"How dare you even sit for an interview ? Damned Bastard! What do you think of yourself? You will earn and dominate my house?" Koushik yelled at me amidst the crowd, right where I was supposed to join for work next morning , like I was a thing of disgust if I achieved something in life.

I left the place right away! reached home and shut myself in my room. Nobody did show up all day before mum came in to see me with a plate of dinner in her hand. "He knows what is right for you my girl. He is mature enough to decide what is good for you. I know what he did was not good but that's a part of every woman's life. We are suppose to look after our family and household first!" That moment I couldn't trust my ears when she spoke all that to me.

I sat motionless when I heard my phone vibrate underneath the pillow. Fifty six missed calls and 15 messages and one more next moment! I took this one, "Yes? What more now?" His voice was no more welcomed by my ears. "Why being so rude Kamya?" This behavior wasn't expected of me by him. "Look! I have realized  my mistake  but you shouldn't have appeared for it. Next time be careful!"

"He must be sorry for what he did?" Mom seemed in her cool. "Yes, he said he was sorry but the mistake was mine to sit for the interview." I had billions of emotions at that time, gushing in my body but only thing I was supposed to do was to stay mum and let the things settle on their own.

Anuja felt the same mix bag of emotions as I did. She didn't say but her face showed.
"Didn't your father or someone from your side rebuked?" I had no words. She was wondering, "why not?"

I had only single conclusion of my life after that day. "My Life His Choice!"

<Please leave a comment or a token of appreciation by pressing the Star if you like the piece of work ... Dear Readers..

LOVE Ya..... Merci! >