The Return + Where's Eloise?

Time skip to after school...

Pen's POV:
Throughout the whole school day, I was thinking about that date on the drawing. Why was that drawing in there...? I'm so confused... I started to walk over to Pencil, but before I got there, she practically ran off. Confused, I followed her, but by the time I got out of the building, she was out of sight. I sighed and started walking back home. I then suddenly saw a trail of pencils and pens... Pencil must've dropped these... I thought to myself. I started picking them up, following the trail as I did so.

Trophy's POV:
I'm still so annoyed about that Pencil girl beating me in the competition! I mean, how could I lose to a girl?! Clearly, I didn't try my hardest. I didn't go into hardcore mode. As I took a walk, I grumbled a bit, still annoyed. As I was walking, I also stared at the ground. Suddenly, I ran into someone. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" I exclaimed. I looked at the person and my face gave an expression of surprise. It was a girl with long pink hair and a silver headband. "You..." the girl and I said at the same time. "Well well, if it isn't Pencil... The girl who 'supposedly' beat me," I scoffed. "Excuse me?! I won fair and square, thank you! Unlike you, who cheated in that first round!" Pencil exclaimed angrily. I glared at her. I quickly put my hands on her shoulders and pushed her onto a nearby tree. "Ow! Hey!" she exclaimed. "W-what're you doing?!" she asked. "No one talks to me like that..." I growled. My face was just inches away from her's, her facial expression looking more annoyed than scared. Why is that so...? I then suddenly heard a voice shout, "Hey! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?!" I turned my head and saw that Pen guy who was with Pencil at the convention! Grr... Not him again...

Pen's POV:
That Trophy guy again?! He better not hurt my Pencil... I stormed over to him, about to give him a piece of my mind. Suddenly, Pencil dropped her backpack and did this amazing back-spinning kick, straight to Trophy's face (A/N: Lol, Pen to the rescue! Oh... Wait... Never mind... Girl power! 😂)! Trophy groaned in pain, placing his hand where Pencil had kicked him. "Well... That was interesting..." he then said. "I didn't know you could do that..." I stated. "Me neither... I guess when some people get in my face and annoy me, I just have a natural reflex..." she said slowly. "That Fro-yo guy?" I then questioned why she didn't do that to him. "I was legitimately scared, so I didn't know how to react... Trophy here doesn't scare me though... He just gets on my nerves..." she answered. Trophy quietly chuckled. Okay...? "Well... You're more feisty than I thought..." he said. He then got closer to Pencil once again, lowering his voice, but I could still hear him, "I like girls like that..." Her eyes widened, then narrowed in annoyance. I started fuming in anger. He did not just hit on her... I thought angrily. He then moved even closer to her, clearly eyeing her lips. "Not a chance you idiot..." she said. That just seemed to turn him on more... Oh no you don't! Not on my watch! I quickly ran behind him and grabbed him by his shirt, pulling him away from Pencil. "Don't even think about it..." I growled. He then lowered his voice even more, this time making sure Pencil was unable to hear it. "What? You jealous...?" he asked. I could feel my face heat up a bit, both from anger and embarrassment. "Th-that doesn't matter! She's her own person, so leave her alone!" I exclaimed. He chuckled, clearly amused. "I can see right through you... You like her, don't you?" he asked. "Wh-what?? O-of course not!" I lied quietly. "Really? Then why did you stop me?" he then asked. "I... I was just protecting a friend!" I replied awkwardly. He obviously didn't believe me.

Pencil's POV:
Um... What're they even talking about...? I couldn't hear a word they were saying. "Guys...? I'm still here you know..." I randomly said. They looked at me. "Let's go Pencil... Before this freak tries to do anything else..." Pen said as he walked to me. I picked up my backpack and decided to walk with him. I couldn't avoid him forever now, could I? Trophy tried to follow me, but Pen and I just ran off, losing him. "I think he's gone now..." Pen said after a few minutes. "Probably..."I replied. "So... Um... I want to ask you something..." Pen then said. Oh no, here it comes... He then reached for his pocket. He then pulled out a bunch of pencils and pens. "Are these yours?" he asked. Well, that was unexpected... "Oh! Yeah, they are," I told him. "Where'd you find them?" I then asked. "I think they fell out of your backpack..." he said. "That's how I found you..." he then added. Oh... Well, if you're trying to avoid someone, don't leave a trail leading right to you... Lesson learned... "Well, thanks for getting them," I replied. "My pleasure!" he said back. We then started walking back home. "Also... Can I ask you something else...?" he then asked. Regretting it, I nodded. "The drawing of me earlier... Why was there a date on it from such a long time ago? I assume it's when you drew it... But, I don't recall being friends at that time," he said. I could feel my face heat up in embarrassment. "I... I... Um... I... I was... Um..." I was completely unsure of what to say. "Um... I got really bored at Match's house one day... So... Um... I told Match I'd try to draw a random person in our class... And... Um... She closed her eyes and picked someone... And... And it happened to be you..." I slowly answered, hoping he'd believe my pathetic lies. At first, it looked like he didn't believe me, raising an eyebrow. He then lowered it and sighed. "Alright, I suppose that makes sense..." he said. I sighed quietly in relief. Saved... I thought happily. We continued to walk home, though it seemed kinda awkward. We eventually reached my house. "Do you... Do you wanna-" I started to ask, when I was cut off. "Build a snowman?" Pen randomly sang. I gave him an odd look. "Um... I have no idea where that came from..." he then said. I then started laughing. I don't know, I just found that funny. Pen was laughing too. "Anyway, wanna hang out at my house for a bit?" I asked. He nodded, then we walked inside. As I walked in, something didn't feel right... It seemed too... Quiet... Well, I know that both of my parents are at work, but ever since I got Eloise, she's been running around being crazy and such. "Eloise...?" I called, looking around. She didn't come. I know she's not a dog... I don't know why I expected her to come at the sound of her name... I walked around the house, Pen following me. "I wonder where she went..." I said to myself. I looked around, not finding her anywhere. I decided to check my room next. But wait... Pen's here... And I set the pen plushie on my bed! I can't let him see it! "Hey, can I go use your bathroom?" he asked. Thank you thank you thank you perfect timing! "Of course! It's down that hallway on the right," I told him. He then walked towards the bathroom. I opened the door to my room to check. She wasn't there. But... But neither was the plushie... Wait, what?! I know I set it on my bed this morning! I looked on the floor, under the bed, in my closet, everywhere! But then, I saw a note...
My dear Pencil,
My dear Pencil? What the heck?
Meet me at the bridge in the park at 4 if you ever want to see your precious kitten alive ever again... Come alone... Also, I know you like that Pen guy. I took the plushie too.
-Trophy
Trophy... Trophy took Eloise?! And my plushie?! OMG OMG I GOTTA GO GET THEM!!! I looked at my alarm clock. It was 3:45. I had fifteen minutes. "Pencil?" I then heard Pen ask. I quickly stuffed the note in my pocket and turned around. "Oh! H-hey Pen!" I said nervously. He gave me an odd look. "You okay...?" he asked. I quickly nodded. "Yeah! Of course! Nothing happened..." I said. "Okay... Anyway, did you find Eloise?" he asked. "Um... Uh... She's in the... The, um, the basement! Yeah, the basement! She likes to go down there sometimes!" I lied. "Alright, can I go see he-" he started to say, but I interrupted him. "Oh! Well, um, she sleeping...? Yeah! Sleeping! So... We shouldn't disturb her!" I said. "Okay...?" he said, looking slightly confused and concerned. I looked at the clock again. 3:48. I gotta go get to the park! "Hey, um, why don't we go hang out at the park for a bit?" I suggested. "Sure! Sounds fun," he said. We both walked downstairs and left my house. We walked together to the park. Trophy told me to come alone... Hmm... I thought. Once we reached the park, we walked over to the open field where people often had picnics or played with flying discs. It was far away from the bridge, so Pen wouldn't see me go over to it. "Hey, I need to go use the restroom... Then I'm gonna go get a soft pretzel! You want one?" I asked. "Sure, thanks! Here," he replied, then pulling out some cash. "Use this," he said, handing me the money. "Pen, it's a pretzel... I can buy it!" I explained. He shook his head. "Use this, or I'm gonna have to go buy the pretzels myself," he said. I don't want him following me! "Okay, fine," I said, accepting the money. "I'll be right back," I said, then walking off. I looked at my phone. 3:55. I need to hurry! I quickly headed off to the bridge.