Chapter 18

The last few days of the week were filled with painkillers, and Stiles helping me walk to class.

 But, now it was the Winter Formal, and I was finishing getting dressed. My promises were kept.

 I slipped on my strapless dress, and slipped on a single boot. No heels, no tennis shoes. I sighed, looking in the mirror. I looked exceptionally nice. Although my pale skin seemed pale-er than ever. Some light makeup helped a little, but I was still pale. I sighed, going up to the kitchen.

 "You look nice, Sunshine!" My dad smiled, leaning against the counter.

 "Thanks, dad," I smiled.

 Sam walked down the steps, his suit looking quite nice, "You ready to surprise Stiles?"

 I blushed, "Shut up, Samuel."

 He smirked, linking arms with me. To the school we went.

 ________

 There I sat.

 Loud music playing through the speakers, and multiple buzzed teens dancing to the music.

 Sighing, I looked over at Stiles. He was standing up, looking at Lydia.

 "Let's try this again," he held out his hand, "get your cute little ass up and dance with me."

 I suddenly felt annoyed. Was I jealous?

 Lydia looked up, and went back to looking at her nails, "No."

 Stiles grumbled something, and soon stood in front of me, "Will you dance with me, Ylva?"

 I sighed, "Why not."

 A large smile appeared on his features, and he helped me up. Stumbling a little, I landed in his chest. I blushed, as did he.

 He lead me to the dance floor, and a slow song came on. My blush turned into a tomato blush. Stiles didn't know where to put his hands, so he stood with them both on my shoulders. I chuckled, guiding his hands to my hips. His blush deepened, and I smiled. I liked the feeling of his hands resting on my hips. It was... comforting.

 We swayed. We swayed just like in the movies. It was cute, if I say so myself. It didn't bother me at all.

 As the song ended, Stiles and I looked into each other's eyes. I bit my lip, and kept my eyes up. It was unbelievably hard not to stare at his lips. He did what I was trying not to do. His lips lightly connected with mine, and I immediately returned the kiss. The kiss lasted a few seconds, and when we finally did pull away, we both had huge smiles on our faces.

 But, Stiles' smile soon fell when he glanced at the table we were sitting at, "Where's Lydia?"

I looked over. No Lydia, "Oh, crap."

 Stiles took off as fast as he could, and I followed behind. I mean, as fast as I could. Meaning, I was about a minute behind.

 Somehow, we ended up on the lacrosse field. Now I stood next to Stiles, as he looked at Lydia.

 "What are you doing?" I shouted. She stood silently. I deflated, "Stiles, stay here."

 "Wha-" He tried to stop me, "What are you doing?"

 I glanced behind Lydia. A few yards away from her stood a tall figure with red eyes. This made me sprint across the field. A sudden pain ran through my leg. But, I continued.

Out of breath, I grabbed Lydia's face, "Lydia, Lydia... Come on, tell me something."

 I got no response. So, I grabbed her wrist, and pulled.

 "Lydia, Ylva! Run!" Stiles shouted, but it was almost too late.

 Peter yanked Lydia away from me, biting her in the process. She screamed, falling to the ground. I shouted at Stiles to call 911, and looked at Peter.

 I glared, "You son of a bitch. If she dies, you're the thing I'm hunting down. Okay, asshole?"

 He had a smirk on his face, "You know, I wouldn't be saying that in your... condition."

 I cocked my head, "What condit-"

 Peter pulled my arm, popping it from the socket. I screamed, feeling more pain in my ribs. My knees gave out, as Peter gave a low chuckle, "This one," grabbing my other wrist, he sunk his teeth down into the soft flesh, emitting a horrible pain. But, soon the pain was a dull throb. Peter's hands grabbed my face, bringing his claws across my temple, to the right side of my face. I felt the blood pour from my face.

 My vision began to get blurry, and my eyes began to droop. I heard screaming, and a deep chuckle.

 Peter threw me next to Lydia, and began to walk toward Stiles. I took a deep breath, and watched through my blurry vision. The pain dulled, and now I was seeing slight red. I watched as Stiles was dragged off with Peter. He kept looking back.

 And then... It was dark.

 ~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Short?

 Yes, I know. I'm currently fighting writer's block, so I'll get the next chapter up soon.

 Where do you think this ends?

 Give me responses in the comments/dm me! Please leave a vote!

 ~Mae