Chapter 38: Remember Her Name

A/N: I never put A/Ns in front of chapters, so when I do, PAY ATTENTION... lol. Well, if you're not a mobile reader, you can just skip to the chapter's beginning. This announcement's for mobile readers. First off, at the top is the badass character from whom Jade was borne. You can see the resemblance if you make her about a foot and half shorter,  hair black, armor white, sash black, paler skin... Japanese... but yeah, uncanny resemblance otherwise.

Mobile Readers Only: Towards the end of this chapter you should see a couple of megaphones attached at the end of paragraphs. (Download SoundCloud if you don't have it installed. Tis Free.) These are a new experiment of mine. To fully enjoy the experience, use headphones when you hit the megaphones, keep reading, then stop at the next megaphone, waiting until the current song is over.

Then and only then should you continue reading. If you do not see these megaphones, you are either one of my really early readers and should redownload the chapter after a couple of minutes or do not have soundcloud installed... Might also want to make sure inline comments are turned on... :)

Activate inline comments from 'More Settings' after clicking Reading Settings...

Don't wanna talk too much.. enjoy!

P.S: The first part of the YouTube video attached is basically my impression of Razznik. You guys feel the same?

****

Cool breeze from the newly formed river streamed over Merriheim, fluttering gently, the sashes of a beautiful high elf. She smiled as she tugged loose strands of hair behind her ear. "You're Kashi, right?"

Kashi's brows furrowed even deeper. He recognized that smirk. It was one that conveyed confidence and dominance. This woman, however she was, was directly challenging him. "Maybe. Who's asking?"

Her smirk widened in apparent amusement. "Who indeed? That's a good question." She adjusted her grip on her relatively short staff – a fusion of wood headed by a dark green orb gripped by three 'claws'. "You're leaner than I expected," she remarked.

Kashi had no desire to fall for her obvious taunts, but he equipped his bow and arrows just in case. Against a mage, he was relatively naked otherwise. Even more, he could not readily discern her elemental attribute. He had not faced enough foes to gain a significant resistant to magic, let alone individual elements. "What's it to you?"

The mage's eyes narrowed. "No~thing. Just wanted to test you for a bit."

Kashi's muscles tensed. "What do you me—" BZZZT! He just barely dove out of the way as an arc of green electricity smashed into the earth. He rolled to his knees, noting the charred earth from the corner of his eyes. "A little rough for a test, wouldn't you say?" He remarked as he sized her up.

The girl held an approving smile. "Good reaction. The rumors might hold some grain of truth after all." Sparked by her mana, the staff's orb was now a bright jade...

Jade ?

Jade!

Her mannerisms, the words she'd used as a greeting... Kashi's eyes widened as recognition dawned. "Jade!?"

She smiled. "You finally recognize me. Bit faster than I'd hoped though."

Kashi rose to full height, muscles relaxing. "That was a bit harsh as a joke."

"Who said I was joking?"

Kashi backpedalled frantically as arcs of electricity smashed the ground before him without pause. He back-flipped onto the top of the fountain, then jumped as the edifice exploded beneath him. Spin, kick!