Chapter 40

©Sweetslover8 2015. It is illegal to copy and/or steal.

~Uploaded August 12th, 2015.

We'd arrived in Boston shortly after five, but as it turns out, Eric had just boarded the plane to England at Boston Logan International Airport. 

Becca sighed. "There's no way we can catch up to him now. Unless anyone has four tickets to London on that flight?" 

Finn grinned suddenly. "No, but I've got something better. I can get us on the next flight to London in an hour." 

"And how are you going to do that, boy genius?," I asked. 

"Easy," he grinned. "I'm going to give my family a call." We all just blinked at Finn's easy grin and words. Wait, what? 

Finn explained to us later that he had gotten in touch with his family the night before while we were all sleeping and explained our situation to them. Finn's father, Mr. Vicari, was the airport manager of Boston Logan International. His family had moved from New Jersey to Boston not long after Finn's kidnapping. That was extremely convenient. Anyways, Mr. Vicari was overexcited in more ways than one that he would be seeing his son for the first time in over a decade, and had promised he would get us on the next flight to London. 

After Finn got off the phone, he told us we'd have to go to the manager's office. After asking around and getting several suspicious looks, we found ourselves in the elevator to the third floor with some overly sweaty businessman. I could've sworn he kept staring at Becca and I. Ugh. Becca shifted uncomfortably, but I only stretched my arms high enough so the man could catch a glimpse of the IWB holster and gun at my waist. 

He didn't stare for much longer. In fact, he gulped and ran into the elevator wall as he exited ahead of us on the second floor. I put my arms back down and realized everyone else was staring at me. "What?," I asked. 

Finn laughed and high-fived me. "Not how I would've handled it, but good one. Just avoid flashing that thing in front of my dad, alright?" We stepped onto the third floor and found our way to the airport manager's office. Julian Vicari, Manager, the plaque on the door read. 

Before we even knocked on the door, a large gasp echoed down the hallway. We followed the sound and found its source at a tall middle-aged man in a suit with an undone blazer. His hair was a brown buzz cut and his eyes were a familiar forest green. An ID badge hung at his belt. 

"Finnian?" The man approached us hesitantly, as if he weren't sure if this were a dream or not. "Is that you, my boy?" 

"Dad?" I looked back and forth between the man and Finn, and thought that they were definitely father and son. The same green eyes, jawline, and smile as they met each other and embraced. 

"I never thought I would see you again. I thought the phone was too good to be true." Mr. Vicari hugged Finn close, his large arms wrapped around his long-lost son. "You've grown so much. My god, you look just like your mother. She's going to have my head for not bringing you back home right away." He sighed then loosened his grip on Finn. "But you have a job to do, so I won't stop you. London, right?" 

"Yes. We're going after my friend's brother. It's really important that we get to him. He's on the plane that just left. Do you think you can get us on the next flight?" 

"It's the first time I get to do something for you in thirteen years. Of course I can. I'll make something up about overbooking or something. Don't worry about it. Come on, we should get you four on board early. Follow me please." 

"So, your full name is Finnian?," Ajax asked as we followed Mr. Vicari down a few flights of stairs past security and toward the gates. 

"It's actually Finnian Alfonso Vicari," Finn replied. "I remember now. I'm named after my grandfathers, right Dad?"