Chapter 31

© Sweetslover8 2014. It is illegal to copy and/or steal.

~Uploaded October 27th, 2014

"I don't know about this..."

"Oh come on. You TPed the Logans' house without blinking an eye but you're afraid of a little Silly String?"

"It's one thing to prank people who deserve it", I pointed out. "It's another to disturb a friend's sleep when you know he's a cranky knucklehead when he doesn't get his eight hours. Plus, why Silly String?"

"You don't mess with tradition" was the only answer I got, along with four pair of eyes urging me to crumble and submit to their will. Luckily, I wasn't fighting it very hard.

"Alright, fine. But I'm blaming all of you if I get skinned alive." Cautiously, I turned the knob on the bedroom door and gently pushed it open. The room was dark, the curtains pulled tightly closed with little rays of light around the edges of the fabric.

A deep snoring sound could be heard from the doorway as we made our way to the bed. Aw, I thought as I looked down at our sleeping victim. He's kinda cute when he's asleep. Then we unleashed the Silly String.

"Ah!" Dylan shot upright in his bed like a possessed corpse, arms reaching blindly for one of us pranksters. Fortunately for him, he got one.

Unfortunately, that was me.

I felt myself being pulled backwards against Dylan's chest as I tried to turn around and escape. It didn't work out like that. It wasn't so bad at first, except being a little bit embarrassing, but then the tickling began and I was a goner.

A squeal echoed through the air as fingers attacked my sides. Did I just make that sound?

"Whoaaaa. Dani, that was you?"

"I think it was. Do you see anyone else here being tickled to death?", I managed to get out even as I tried to contain my laughter. "O-okay, seriously let me go. That tickles!"

"The great Dani Wilde is ticklish", Dylan mused from behind me. "Who knew?" My legs kicked out on their own accord and my body went numb with laughter even as my cheeks burned at the close proximity. I was practically on the guy's lap!

"Okay, I'm done." Dylan let me go and I stumbled while getting up. And he had the nerve of smiling and looking good with his bedhead on top of it. "I won't let you suffer for longer than necessary."

"How valiant of you." I calmed down and straightened out my sweater. "All that just to say happy birthday, Blondie. Now get some proper clothes on. Breakfast is ready downstairs."

I quickly left the room after saying that and rested my head against the wall in the hallway while cheering went on in the bedroom. What was I doing here so early? It's barely eight o'clock and I could still be sleeping, but instead I'm here spraying Dylan with Silly String on the morning of his eighteenth birthday.

Moving down the stairs quickly to the kitchen, I tried to hide my exhaustion and put on a smile for Mr. and Mrs. McCade who were preparing breakfast. Ayden and Hobo were sticking their noses in the air, catching a whiff of the meal. "They'll be down in a minute", I said as I carried plates to the table.

"Why aren't you upstairs with them, Dani?", Mrs. McCade asked me as she finished putting pancakes on a plate.

How could I explain it? I set the plates down. "I'm still new here, and even though I've become close with those five, I didn't want to make it seem like I was intruding on such an important day. They've known each other for a longer period of time, and it doesn't feel right."