3.

It's been a week since I came out of the hospital and everything is clam and normal, Flippy is the same harmless self. I decided to cook something sweet for him, I blushed at the thought of him enjoying some of my sweets and possibly sharing them with me. I hummed to myself as I walked to the kitchen and prepared to bake a cake when Nutty walked in to the kitchen giggling, he immediately stopped giggling when he saw what I was making and look at it intensely without taking his eyes off of it. I didn't pay that much attention until I saw his scooping up a piece of the cake mix. 

"Nutty!" I yelled.

He was started by the sound of my voice being raised. 

"Eh?" he said as he looked at the mixing bowl not taking his eyes off it, he slowly began to put his hand in the baking mix.

 "Nutty, What are you doing?!" I asked and slapped his hand away and scolding him. "This cake isn't for you, nutty. This cake is for Flippy, not for you."He looked at me disappointed and began to tear up. I sighed as I looked at him. "Let's make a deal Nutty." He looked up at me a little surprised.

 "L-like wh-what?!" he said in an agitated tone. I smiled at him. 

"Well you can help me make this cake and if we finish, and have some mix left over I'll make you one too does that sound okay with you Nutty?"He smiled brightly and jumped around in joy to my response and I giggled as I watched him. I watched him for a short while until I remembered I was making a cake. "Oh! I completely forgot about the cake, come on Nutty let's get to work." 

 A few hours later we finished making both of the cakes I was proud of myself because I was able to have them done whit a lot of time left. I sat down and watched Nutty decorate his cake with as many sweets he could find in my kitchen. "How's your cake going Nutty?" I said with a sweet smile, He giggled with joy as he added more the last of the sweets on to his cake. 

 "Th-Tha-Anks F-fl-Flacky." He said to me with I huge smile and a big bear hug. 

 "You're welcome Nutty, now go and enjoy your cake." I said After he left I sighed and clean up what was left of the mess we made and put Flippy's cake in the fridge to keep it safe from harm's way. I was so excited and tired at the same time I decided to take a nap because I had a few more hours to spend until Flippy came home, to enjoy this surprise cake I made him with my love. 

 "Flippy..." I mumbled under my breath until my eyes began to get heavier and heavier each time I blinked. 

Time passed and I finally woke up to find a blanket over me, I blinked until I came around to my senses and notice Flippy Sleeping across from me with a book over his face. I smiled until I realize if he saw the cake I made him. I walked up to the fridge and opened it to see my cake still there, untouched, I sighed in relief until I heard Flippy yawn as he woke up. 

 "Morning Flippy" I said to the half-asleep soldier on the sofa. 

 "Huh...? What? Morning?" he said as I giggled. He sat up strait and yawned once more. "I came home and saw you sleeping on the couch so I thought I'll read a book for a while until you woke up, but it seems I fell asleep also." 

 "That's okay Flippy" I smiled as I laid my head on my hands. "Besides I have a surprise for you but when I woke up and saw you here I thought you already found it." 

 "Found what?" He said.

I blushed bright pink as I tried to tell him that I made him a cake, especially if I didn't have a reason. "Um...well...you see...I-I..." I began to stutter. 

 "You what?" He asked more curious" 

 "I-I made you a cake you see because I was thinking that you deserve one once in a while without any special occasion you see" I took a deep breath after I finish saying that to him.

I saw Flippy's face turn a deeper shade of red then mine as he looked at me and he slowly responded. "Y-you made me a-a cake..."

I nodded. 

"Thank you!" He smiled and jumped across from the sofa he was lying to the kitchen where I was standing. I yelped and I fell down first and he followed me down.